PDA

View Full Version : Early float plane

HEMI-Powered[_2_]
April 16th 08, 11:23 PM
Don Pyeatt added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

> I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.

Interesting, Don. Any of your relatives in this picture, since you
found it in an old album?

--
HP, aka Jerry

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

HEMI-Powered[_2_]
April 16th 08, 11:47 PM
Don Pyeatt added these comments in the current discussion du jour

>>> I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.
>>>
>> Interesting, Don. Any of your relatives in this picture, since
>> you found it in an old album?
>>

> The album belongs to a friend and he doesn't know its origin.

Still very interesting; too bad they weren't scanned from a family
photo album. Thanks for posting these.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Jack G[_2_]
April 16th 08, 11:48 PM
"Float" may be a slight overstatement....

Jack G.

"Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message

> "Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message
>>I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.
>>
>> Don

Don Pyeatt
April 17th 08, 12:21 AM
I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.

Don

Don Pyeatt
April 17th 08, 12:22 AM
"Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message
>I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.
>
> Don

Don Pyeatt
April 17th 08, 12:22 AM
"Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message
>I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.
>
> Don

Don Pyeatt
April 17th 08, 12:23 AM
"Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message
>I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.
>
> Don

Don Pyeatt
April 17th 08, 12:23 AM
"Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message
>I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.
>
> Don

Don Pyeatt
April 17th 08, 12:37 AM
"HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
> Don Pyeatt added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
>
>> I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.
>>
> Interesting, Don. Any of your relatives in this picture, since you
> found it in an old album?
>
> --
> HP, aka Jerry
>
> "That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

The album belongs to a friend and he doesn't know its origin.

Don Pyeatt
April 17th 08, 02:52 AM
"HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
> Don Pyeatt added these comments in the current discussion du jour

>>> Interesting, Don. Any of your relatives in this picture, since
>>> you found it in an old album?
>>>

>> The album belongs to a friend and he doesn't know its origin.
>>
> Still very interesting; too bad they weren't scanned from a family
> photo album. Thanks for posting these.
>
> --
> HP, aka Jerry
>
> "That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Agreed. Makes me want to caption all my family photos.

gdp

HEMI-Powered[_2_]
April 17th 08, 04:11 AM
Don Pyeatt added these comments in the current discussion du jour

>> Still very interesting; too bad they weren't scanned from a
>> family photo album. Thanks for posting these.
>
> Agreed. Makes me want to caption all my family photos.

I scanned over 500 of our family snapshots, many of them when my
daughter was a child. BIG project! And, I scanned 100 or so of my
father's WWII Marine pics, another BIG project. Then, there's the
many thousands of 35mm slides languishing in my basement. My
daughter, now almost 30, says that when my wife and I die, if the
pictures aren't labeled she's throwing them all out. So much for
nostalgia!

--
HP, aka Jerry

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

JOHN BRAUNGART
April 19th 08, 08:49 PM
"HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
> Don Pyeatt added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
>
>> I don't know what this is. Found in an old photo album.
>>
> Interesting, Don. Any of your relatives in this picture, since you
> found it in an old album?
>
> --
> HP, aka Jerry
>
> "That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Aircraft "kinda" looks like a Wright C, what with those chain-drive pusher
props. According to my Jane's 1914, it flew around 1912 -13.

Google