PDA

View Full Version : Whatsit #1

Dave Kearton
April 16th 08, 11:55 PM
Don Pyeatt wrote:
>> What is the object under the airplane? Maybe a Stuka-like siren?

My guess is a smoke generator - fly along the front lines and lay a smoke
screen.

Anything that ugly should have its own smoke screen.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Don Pyeatt
April 17th 08, 12:29 AM
What is the object under the airplane? Maybe a Stuka-like siren?

Mitchell Holman
April 17th 08, 04:04 AM
"Don Pyeatt" > wrote in :

> What is the object under the airplane? Maybe a Stuka-like siren?

Smoke generator for skywriting.

Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]
April 17th 08, 04:16 AM
"Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message

> What is the object under the airplane? Maybe a Stuka-like siren?

Radiator

Mike Bealmear
April 18th 08, 01:49 AM
Better yet. What's the plane?
Mike

"Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message
> What is the object under the airplane? Maybe a Stuka-like siren?

JOHN BRAUNGART
April 19th 08, 08:55 PM
"Dave Kearton" > wrote in message
> Don Pyeatt wrote:
>>> What is the object under the airplane? Maybe a Stuka-like siren?
>

> My guess is a smoke generator - fly along the front lines and lay a smoke
> screen.
>

> Anything that ugly should have its own smoke screen.
>

> --
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave Kearton

Looks like one of those French-style radiators that were popular during the
1920s. The aircraft looks like a Verville racer.

Google