PDA

View Full Version : Re: The aviation art of Michael Turner - [email protected] (2/2)

Rex[_2_]
April 18th 08, 04:59 AM
Wilph

I would really like to see the art you are showing however my ISP for
unknown reasons does not get all the parts. The last time I only got 2/2
and not 1/2 of all photos.

For the newsgroup you could reduce your photos to say 1024 x 768 or even 800
x 600 thus giving good viewing on a computer screen and reducing the size of
your files for the newsgroup.

Rex

April 18th 08, 03:13 PM
On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 03:59:15 GMT, "Rex" > wrote:

>Wilph
>
>I would really like to see the art you are showing however my ISP for
>unknown reasons does not get all the parts. The last time I only got 2/2
>and not 1/2 of all photos.
>
>For the newsgroup you could reduce your photos to say 1024 x 768 or even 800
>x 600 thus giving good viewing on a computer screen and reducing the size of
>your files for the newsgroup.
>
>Rex

MS Windows Live Mail may have the same nultipart limitations as a few
other news readers, and I don't think Microsoft ever yEnc-eabled OE.

Sorry, Rex, but today's post had been in a send buffer and you'll
likely have the same difficulties.

In view of what's been said here, I'll try and re-post to this NG as
single-part the scans that have been released to-date.

That's around 80 scans and I hope it won't earn me a citation for
flooding here...

Wilph

April 18th 08, 04:35 PM
On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:50:36 -0500, Sj > wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 03:59:15 GMT, "Rex" > wrote:
>
>>Wilph
>>
>>I would really like to see the art you are showing however my ISP for
>>unknown reasons does not get all the parts. The last time I only got 2/2
>>and not 1/2 of all photos.
>
>The 1/2 is the larger segment so your isp probably
>doesn't accept segments over a certain size ... not
>much you can do about it except subscribe to
>another news service ...
>
>Some links you can check out:
>
>http://www.newsgroupservers.net/
>http://www.geeks.org/~ed/Usenet_Servers.html
>
>I'm sure there are others ...
>
>Sj
>
>>For the newsgroup you could reduce your photos to say 1024 x 768 or even 800
>>x 600 thus giving good viewing on a computer screen and reducing the size of
>>your files for the newsgroup.
>>
>>Rex

I had not commented on Rex's request for a reduction in image sizes.
Unfortunately that is a no-no for the vast majority of scanners.
There is only one 'official' version of a particular scan, and that is
the one residing on the scanner's own HD, CD or other storage media.

Committed collectors value this approach. File names, file sizes and
something called a CRC value (unique to that image) are included in
documentation called CSV files that allow collectors to know they have
the 'genuine article'.

Wilph

Hans Holbein
April 19th 08, 05:29 PM
Rex schrieb:
> Wilph
>
> I would really like to see the art you are showing however my ISP for
> unknown reasons does not get all the parts. The last time I only got
> 2/2 and not 1/2 of all photos.

Me too
I only get his 2/2 s
I really would like to appreciate his posts, since I saw that others do,
but I simply canīt

April 19th 08, 09:16 PM
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:29:59 +0200, Hans Holbein >
wrote:

>Rex schrieb:
>> Wilph
>>
>> I would really like to see the art you are showing however my ISP for
>> unknown reasons does not get all the parts. The last time I only got
>> 2/2 and not 1/2 of all photos.
>
>Me too
>I only get his 2/2 s
>I really would like to appreciate his posts, since I saw that others do,
>but I simply canīt

I don't know if I am reading this right.

Yesterday I re-posted all you might have missed as single-part
uploads.

Wilph

April 20th 08, 01:14 AM
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:38:35 -0500, Sj > wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:29:59 +0200, Hans Holbein >
>wrote:
>
>>Rex schrieb:
>>> Wilph
>>>
>>> I would really like to see the art you are showing however my ISP for
>>> unknown reasons does not get all the parts. The last time I only got
>>> 2/2 and not 1/2 of all photos.
>>
>>Me too
>>I only get his 2/2 s
>>I really would like to appreciate his posts, since I saw that others do,
>>but I simply canīt
>
>My reply to Rex:
>
>The 1/2 is the larger segment so your isp probably
>doesn't accept segments over a certain size ... not
>much you can do about it except subscribe to
>another news service ...
>
>Some links you can check out:
>
>http://www.newsgroupservers.net/
>http://www.geeks.org/~ed/Usenet_Servers.html
>
>I'm sure there are others ...
>
>Sj

After my tizzy fit, I tried to oblige. I wonder if this has to do with
untrained personnel in a military area... ;-)

Wilph

April 20th 08, 01:15 AM
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:58:16 -0500, Sj > wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:16:46 -0400, wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:29:59 +0200, Hans Holbein >
>>wrote:

>>>Me too
>>>I only get his 2/2 s
>>>I really would like to appreciate his posts, since I saw that others do,
>>>but I simply canīt
>>
>>I don't know if I am reading this right.
>>
>>Yesterday I re-posted all you might have missed as single-part
>>uploads.
>>
>>Wilph
>
>Maybe his isp/news service doesn't accept posts over
>a certain size ... that's maybe why they get the 2/2, as
>they're smaller, but not the 1/2's, which are larger ...
>
>Sj

You can often get to a server's special NG for their subscribers (you
have to be one to get there).

The admns there have been known to post responses to technical
queries.

Another way to check is to get headers from an mp3 or dvd NG and see
what shows up.

As you said, they might have to get another serve - on the other
hand,, I've not seen them comment on other posts... but I haven't
looked very hard.

Wilph

April 20th 08, 01:15 AM
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:04:33 -0500, Sj > wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:58:16 -0500, Sj > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:16:46 -0400, wrote:

>>>I don't know if I am reading this right.
>>>
>>>Yesterday I re-posted all you might have missed as single-part
>>>uploads.
>>>
>>>Wilph
>>
>>Maybe his isp/news service doesn't accept posts over
>>a certain size ... that's maybe why they get the 2/2, as
>>they're smaller, but not the 1/2's, which are larger ...
>>
>>Sj
>
>Forgot ... if that's what's happening, they definitely wouldn't
>see the single-part posts, as they'd be even larger than the
>1/2 part segments ...
>
>Sj

Now you're smokin' <g>

Wilph