PDA

View Full Version : RAAF Wagga front gate

Glenn[_2_]
April 18th 08, 10:31 PM

HEMI-Powered[_2_]
April 18th 08, 11:18 PM
Glenn added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

> Attachment decoded: P4150181 copy.jpg
> ------=_NextPart_000_00A6_01C8A1EF.435EA170--

Is that an F-86 Sabre on the left, Glenn? And, what does "Wagga"
mean, is it the name of the air museum/park where you took these
pictures?

--
HP, aka Jerry

"If the enemy of my enemy is my friend, it must follow that the enemy
of my friend is my enemy" - variant of Middle East Maxim

Dave Kearton
April 18th 08, 11:20 PM
"Glenn" > wrote in message

I wish more outdoor museums would paint out the canopies, although these
two are probably beyond help by now.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Glenn[_2_]
April 18th 08, 11:48 PM
"HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
> Glenn added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
>
>> Attachment decoded: P4150181 copy.jpg
>> ------=_NextPart_000_00A6_01C8A1EF.435EA170--
>
> Is that an F-86 Sabre on the left, Glenn? And, what does "Wagga"
> mean, is it the name of the air museum/park where you took these
> pictures?
>
> --
Yes and No, It's the Australian CAC version of the F-86.
Just it was better than the F-86 as is most of teh aircraft Australia gets.
Aussie mods always work better ;-)

And RAAF Wagga is the Royal Australian Air Force base at Wagga Wagga in new
South wales.
or to be more Correct, at Forrest hill which is a few klicks outside of
Wagga Wagga Township.

HEMI-Powered[_2_]
April 19th 08, 01:39 AM
Glenn added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

> "HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
>> Glenn added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
>>
>>> Attachment decoded: P4150181 copy.jpg
>>> ------=_NextPart_000_00A6_01C8A1EF.435EA170--
>>
>> Is that an F-86 Sabre on the left, Glenn? And, what does "Wagga"
>> mean, is it the name of the air museum/park where you took these
>> pictures?
>>
>> --
> Yes and No, It's the Australian CAC version of the F-86.
> Just it was better than the F-86 as is most of teh aircraft
> Australia gets. Aussie mods always work better ;-)
>
> And RAAF Wagga is the Royal Australian Air Force base at Wagga Wagga
> in new South wales.
> or to be more Correct, at Forrest hill which is a few klicks outside
> of Wagga Wagga Township.

Thanks, Glenn.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"If the enemy of my enemy is my friend, it must follow that the enemy
of my friend is my enemy" - variant of Middle East Maxim

Jack G[_2_]
April 19th 08, 04:46 AM
"Glenn" > wrote in message

> "HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
>> Glenn added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
>>
>>> Attachment decoded: P4150181 copy.jpg
>>> ------=_NextPart_000_00A6_01C8A1EF.435EA170--
>>
>> Is that an F-86 Sabre on the left, Glenn? And, what does "Wagga"
>> mean, is it the name of the air museum/park where you took these
>> pictures?
>>
>> --
> Yes and No, It's the Australian CAC version of the F-86.
> Just it was better than the F-86 as is most of teh aircraft Australia
> gets.
> Aussie mods always work better ;-)

That's because they have 10 extra years of development <|:O)

Jack G.

Glenn[_2_]
April 19th 08, 07:52 AM
"Jack G" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Glenn" > wrote in message
>>
>> "HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
>>> Glenn added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

>>> Is that an F-86 Sabre on the left, Glenn? And, what does "Wagga"
>>> mean, is it the name of the air museum/park where you took these
>>> pictures?
>>>
>>> --
>> Yes and No, It's the Australian CAC version of the F-86.
>> Just it was better than the F-86 as is most of teh aircraft Australia
>> gets.
>> Aussie mods always work better ;-)
>
> That's because they have 10 extra years of development <|:O)
>
> Jack G.

that's because we buy American. It's 10 years late by the time they get to
us. We have a lot to think about how we'll do it :-)
Except for Political favours like the C-17 (yeah that one's going to cop me
a lot of flak) ;-)

Although I think we are slowly learning. We don't seem to be getting a lot
of american aircraft anymore, and strangely enough, neiher is the USAF ;-)

Jokes aside though, I do love the USAF. I would have loved to have a been a
photographer there during the 50's and 60's

Bob Harrington
April 19th 08, 09:16 AM
"Glenn" > wrote in
:

> "Jack G" > wrote in message
> . ..

>>> Yes and No, It's the Australian CAC version of the F-86.
>>> Just it was better than the F-86 as is most of teh aircraft
>>> Australia gets.
>>> Aussie mods always work better ;-)
>>
>> That's because they have 10 extra years of development <|:O)
>>
>> Jack G.
>>>
> that's because we buy American. It's 10 years late by the time they
> get to us. We have a lot to think about how we'll do it :-)

Hey! It takes us Yanks ten years to figure out how to make 'em fly upside
down for you guys!

> Except for Political favours like the C-17 (yeah that one's going to
> cop me a lot of flak) ;-)
>
> Although I think we are slowly learning. We don't seem to be getting a
> lot of american aircraft anymore, and strangely enough, neiher is the
> USAF ;-)

Bit of a sore point here in Seattle...

> Jokes aside though, I do love the USAF. I would have loved to have a
> been a photographer there during the 50's and 60's

I wish you had, too.

I'm also very impressed with the way the Kiwis souped up their Skyhawks
(before they decided they didn't really need a defense force.)

Jack G[_2_]
April 19th 08, 02:17 PM
Glen - Love your photography - and hope to do a return visit to Australia
and New Zealand someday - Thanks for all you have done to keep this group
worth watching.
Jack G.

"Glenn" > wrote in message

> "Jack G" > wrote in message
> . ..

>>> Yes and No, It's the Australian CAC version of the F-86.
>>> Just it was better than the F-86 as is most of teh aircraft Australia
>>> gets.
>>> Aussie mods always work better ;-)
>>
>> That's because they have 10 extra years of development <|:O)
>>
>> Jack G.
>>>
> that's because we buy American. It's 10 years late by the time they get to
> us. We have a lot to think about how we'll do it :-)
> Except for Political favours like the C-17 (yeah that one's going to cop
> me a lot of flak) ;-)
>
> Although I think we are slowly learning. We don't seem to be getting a lot
> of american aircraft anymore, and strangely enough, neiher is the USAF ;-)
>

> Jokes aside though, I do love the USAF. I would have loved to have a been
> a photographer there during the 50's and 60's

Jonno
April 20th 08, 04:27 AM
"Bob Harrington" > wrote in message
> "Glenn" > wrote in
> :
>
>> <snipped>
> I'm also very impressed with the way the Kiwis souped up their Skyhawks
> (before they decided they didn't really need a defense force.)

Psssssssst
Do you want to buy them?

Jonno

RobG
April 20th 08, 11:39 AM
"Jonno" > wrote in :

> "Bob Harrington" > wrote in message
>> "Glenn" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> <snipped>
>> I'm also very impressed with the way the Kiwis souped up their Skyhawks
>> (before they decided they didn't really need a defense force.)
>>

> Psssssssst
> Do you want to buy them?
>
> Jonno

The Kiwis can't sell them to anyone the US doesn't 'aprove' of. Apparently.
the Scooter is still on the top-secret list...

Ridiculous BS, if you ask me.

RobG

Bob Harrington
April 21st 08, 02:47 AM
"Jonno" > wrote in :

> "Bob Harrington" > wrote in message
>> "Glenn" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> <snipped>
>> I'm also very impressed with the way the Kiwis souped up their Skyhawks
>> (before they decided they didn't really need a defense force.)
>>

> Psssssssst
> Do you want to buy them?
>
> Jonno

I wish!

Sure would tick off the local government moonbats, though...

Google