PDA

View Full Version : Sonex Kitplane as a viable aircraft for Sportsman aerobatic contests

April 24th 08, 04:16 PM
hi all,

i am new to the group, this is my first post. i am also a new pilot
but am interested in learning more about Aerobatic competitions. i
have flown alot of R/C aerobatic competitions so Aresti diagrams,
flying within the box and power management are things i am a little
bit familiar with. i am just gathering information at this point and
was directed to this forum as a place to start.

i am interested in building a Sonex kitplane. they have a new
Aerobatic version with larger ailerons. the attractive part is the
price. there is an 80 hp motor and a 120 hp motor. either way for
around $30,000 they claim that a fellow could compete in the Sportsman
Aerobatic contests.

I have searched this forum and found basically nothing about this
particular airplane. that maybe my first clue that this aircraft won't
work, but i thought i'd ask.

what i would like is a few opinions on whether this kit plane could
work or not. as i said earlier, the price is attractive because the
Citabria's etc..... are easily twice the cost.

thanks,

Darren

Google