PDA

View Full Version : What Are These?

jim evans
April 25th 08, 03:02 AM
Neither I nor my friend know much about airplanes, but I think I know
what the parts in this picture are called. My friend does not agree
with me. I'm not saying what I think they're called, partly to avoid
influencing the answers and partly to avoid embarrassment if I'm wrong
:).

What's the correct nomenclature for parts 1, 2 & 3?

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8347/landinggearlm1.jpg

Maxwell[_2_]
April 25th 08, 03:58 AM
"jim evans" > wrote in message
> Neither I nor my friend know much about airplanes, but I think I know
> what the parts in this picture are called. My friend does not agree
> with me. I'm not saying what I think they're called, partly to avoid
> influencing the answers and partly to avoid embarrassment if I'm wrong
> :).
>
> What's the correct nomenclature for parts 1, 2 & 3?
>
> http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8347/landinggearlm1.jpg

1) Side Brace
2) Shock Strut
3) Actuator it think, can't see it that well.

What kind of aircraft is it? Nomenclature is often dependant on the
individual parts catalog.

jim evans
April 25th 08, 04:37 AM
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:58:26 -0500, "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net>
wrote:

>What kind of aircraft is it?

KC135

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
April 25th 08, 09:35 AM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:nNbQj.11676$3N1.3006
@newsfe17.lga:

> "jim evans" > wrote in message
>> Neither I nor my friend know much about airplanes, but I think I know
>> what the parts in this picture are called. My friend does not agree
>> with me. I'm not saying what I think they're called, partly to avoid
>> influencing the answers and partly to avoid embarrassment if I'm
wrong
>> :).
>>
>> What's the correct nomenclature for parts 1, 2 & 3?
>>
>> http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8347/landinggearlm1.jpg
>
> 1) Side Brace
> 2) Shock Strut
> 3) Actuator it think, can't see it that well.

Nope

> What kind of aircraft is it? Nomenclature is often dependant on the
> individual parts catalog.

Nope.

Bertie

Maxwell[_2_]
April 25th 08, 04:07 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:nNbQj.11676$3N1.3006
> @newsfe17.lga:
>

>> "jim evans" > wrote in message
>>> Neither I nor my friend know much about airplanes, but I think I know
>>> what the parts in this picture are called. My friend does not agree
>>> with me. I'm not saying what I think they're called, partly to avoid
>>> influencing the answers and partly to avoid embarrassment if I'm
> wrong
>>> :).
>>>
>>> What's the correct nomenclature for parts 1, 2 & 3?
>>>
>>> http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8347/landinggearlm1.jpg
>>
>> 1) Side Brace
>> 2) Shock Strut
>> 3) Actuator it think, can't see it that well.
>

> Nope
>>
>> What kind of aircraft is it? Nomenclature is often dependant on the
>> individual parts catalog.
>>

> Nope.
>

> Bertie

Sorry Jim, you'll have to forgive our resident "know it all", Bertie the
Butlipp, aka Squirtie the ****drip.

He's kind of like Aunt Wilma's Chihuahua. The minute he gets out of the
house, he has to run around and squirt on every thread possible. Kind of
makes me wonder if he gets up after every post and does that thing other
dogs do with raking his feet!!

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
April 25th 08, 06:10 PM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:rsmQj.67993$y05.16749
@newsfe22.lga:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:nNbQj.11676$3N1.3006
>> @newsfe17.lga:

>> wrong

>>> 1) Side Brace
>>> 2) Shock Strut
>>> 3) Actuator it think, can't see it that well.
>>

>> Nope
>>>
>>> What kind of aircraft is it? Nomenclature is often dependant on the
>>> individual parts catalog.
>>>

>> Nope.
>>

>> Bertie
>>>

> Sorry Jim, you'll have to forgive our resident "know it all", Bertie
the
> Butlipp, aka Squirtie the ****drip.
>
> He's kind of like Aunt Wilma's Chihuahua. The minute he gets out of
the
> house, he has to run around and squirt on every thread possible. Kind
of
> makes me wonder if he gets up after every post and does that thing
other
> dogs do with raking his feet!!

Mebbe.

But my info is accurate, your's isn't.

Bertie

Maxwell[_2_]
April 25th 08, 06:36 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:rsmQj.67993$y05.16749
> @newsfe22.lga:
>

>> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:nNbQj.11676$3N1.3006
>>> @newsfe17.lga:

> know
> agree
> avoid
>>> wrong

>>> Nope

>>> Nope.
>>>

>>> Bertie
>>>>

>> Sorry Jim, you'll have to forgive our resident "know it all", Bertie
> the
>> Butlipp, aka Squirtie the ****drip.
>>
>> He's kind of like Aunt Wilma's Chihuahua. The minute he gets out of
> the
>> house, he has to run around and squirt on every thread possible. Kind
> of
>> makes me wonder if he gets up after every post and does that thing
> other
>> dogs do with raking his feet!!
>>

> Mebbe.
>

> But my info is accurate, your's isn't.
>

> Bertie

Squirt, squirt, woof, woof. Sickem Squirtie.

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
April 25th 08, 06:40 PM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:rFoQj.68008$y05.51344
@newsfe22.lga:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:rsmQj.67993$y05.16749
>> @newsfe22.lga:
>>

>>> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>>> .. .

>> know
>> agree
>> avoid

>>> Sorry Jim, you'll have to forgive our resident "know it all", Bertie
>> the
>>> Butlipp, aka Squirtie the ****drip.
>>>
>>> He's kind of like Aunt Wilma's Chihuahua. The minute he gets out of
>> the
>>> house, he has to run around and squirt on every thread possible.
Kind
>> of
>>> makes me wonder if he gets up after every post and does that thing
>> other
>>> dogs do with raking his feet!!
>>>

>> Mebbe.
>>

>> But my info is accurate, your's isn't.
>>

>> Bertie
>>>

> Squirt, squirt, woof, woof. Sickem Squirtie.

OK.

Bertie

WingFlaps
April 25th 08, 11:36 PM
On Apr 26, 5:36*am, "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote:

> > Mebbe.
>
> > But my info is accurate, your's isn't.
>
> > Bertie
>
> Squirt, squirt, woof, woof. Sickem Squirtie.- Hide quoted text -

Jeez Bertie, how the hell do you uncover them so fast? I'm cultivating
Stefan but he's gonna take some work -but you stripped the covers of
Maxwell faster than a Mustang on Nitro.

Cheers

Maxwell[_2_]
April 25th 08, 11:42 PM
"WingFlaps" > wrote in message
On Apr 26, 5:36 am, "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote:

> > Mebbe.
>
> > But my info is accurate, your's isn't.
>
> > Bertie
>
> Squirt, squirt, woof, woof. Sickem Squirtie.- Hide quoted text -

Jeez Bertie, how the hell do you uncover them so fast? I'm cultivating
Stefan but he's gonna take some work -but you stripped the covers of
Maxwell faster than a Mustang on Nitro.

Cheers

Jeez, is that the best you can do? You'll make a good wannabe, you seem
just as lame a Squirt the ****drip.

You gonna start ****ing on everyone's posts too?

What are you guys doing, eating dog food or something?

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
April 25th 08, 11:49 PM
WingFlaps > wrote in news:551e7f40-d723-4d58-8706-
:

> On Apr 26, 5:36*am, "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote:
>

>> > Mebbe.
>>
>> > But my info is accurate, your's isn't.
>>
>> > Bertie
>>
>> Squirt, squirt, woof, woof. Sickem Squirtie.- Hide quoted text -
>>

> Jeez Bertie, how the hell do you uncover them so fast? I'm cultivating
> Stefan but he's gonna take some work -

You just throw the bait out there and let them swallow it. You have to
let them think they have a chance of sucess of course, but once theyre
on the line, that's it. Maxie will problably keep theis up sporadically
for a couple of months, at least. Maybe longer. He'll claim victory in
one way or another every few days and pretend to go awya and then be
right back. Pretty standard k00k stuff, but at least he's lively.
Quiet kooks are just as fun, though, particularly if they pretend to be
above it all and are busy trying to get you shut down by e-mail. Best
thing to do with them, if you're bothered, is to invent a sympathetic
sock and get them to write to him. In another group I actually had one
of them plot to get Bertie beaten up! Great fun!
Plenty of those here and they're al as dumb as dirt.

Bertie

but you stripped the covers of
> Maxwell faster than a Mustang on Nitro.
>
> Cheers

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
April 25th 08, 11:51 PM

.
> .. On Apr 26, 5:36 am, "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote:
>

>> > Mebbe.
>>
>> > But my info is accurate, your's isn't.
>>
>> > Bertie
>>
>> Squirt, squirt, woof, woof. Sickem Squirtie.- Hide quoted text -
>>

> Jeez Bertie, how the hell do you uncover them so fast? I'm cultivating
> Stefan but he's gonna take some work -but you stripped the covers of
> Maxwell faster than a Mustang on Nitro.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jeez, is that the best you can do? You'll make a good wannabe, you
> seem just as lame a Squirt the ****drip.
>
> You gonna start ****ing on everyone's posts too?
>
> What are you guys doing, eating dog food or something?

Uh yeh, sure. ....

Bertie

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
April 25th 08, 11:57 PM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:iltQj.58293$QC.56770
@newsfe20.lga:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>> "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> "WingFlaps" > wrote in message
>> .

>>> Jeez Bertie, how the hell do you uncover them so fast? I'm
cultivating
>>> Stefan but he's gonna take some work -but you stripped the covers of
>>> Maxwell faster than a Mustang on Nitro.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Jeez, is that the best you can do? You'll make a good wannabe, you
>>> seem just as lame a Squirt the ****drip.
>>>
>>> You gonna start ****ing on everyone's posts too?
>>>
>>> What are you guys doing, eating dog food or something?
>>
>> Uh yeh, sure. ....
>>

>> Bertie
> Squirt, squirt.

Correctin an accurate squirt.

You're just ****ing on your own leg..

Bertie

Maxwell[_2_]
April 25th 08, 11:57 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
> "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in
> :
>

>> "WingFlaps" > wrote in message
> .

>>> Squirt, squirt, woof, woof. Sickem Squirtie.- Hide quoted text -
>>>

>> Jeez Bertie, how the hell do you uncover them so fast? I'm cultivating
>> Stefan but he's gonna take some work -but you stripped the covers of
>> Maxwell faster than a Mustang on Nitro.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Jeez, is that the best you can do? You'll make a good wannabe, you
>> seem just as lame a Squirt the ****drip.
>>
>> You gonna start ****ing on everyone's posts too?
>>
>> What are you guys doing, eating dog food or something?
>
> Uh yeh, sure. ....
>

> Bertie
Squirt, squirt.

Maxwell[_2_]
April 25th 08, 11:58 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
> WingFlaps > wrote in news:551e7f40-d723-4d58-8706-
> :
>
>> On Apr 26, 5:36 am, "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote:
>>

> You just throw the bait out there and let them swallow it. You have to
> let them think they have a chance of sucess of course, but once theyre
> on the line, that's it. Maxie will problably keep theis up sporadically
> for a couple of months, at least. Maybe longer. He'll claim victory in
> one way or another every few days and pretend to go awya and then be
> right back. Pretty standard k00k stuff, but at least he's lively.
> Quiet kooks are just as fun, though, particularly if they pretend to be
> above it all and are busy trying to get you shut down by e-mail. Best
> thing to do with them, if you're bothered, is to invent a sympathetic
> sock and get them to write to him. In another group I actually had one
> of them plot to get Bertie beaten up! Great fun!
> Plenty of those here and they're al as dumb as dirt.
>

> Bertie

You rationalize more and more like Anthony every day.

Squirt, squirt.

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
April 25th 08, 11:58 PM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:dmtQj.58294$QC.49636
@newsfe20.lga:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>> WingFlaps > wrote in news:551e7f40-d723-4d58-
8706-
>> :
>>
>>> On Apr 26, 5:36 am, "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote:
>>>

>> You just throw the bait out there and let them swallow it. You have
>> let them think they have a chance of sucess of course, but once
theyre
>> on the line, that's it. Maxie will problably keep theis up
sporadically
>> for a couple of months, at least. Maybe longer. He'll claim victory
in
>> one way or another every few days and pretend to go awya and then be
>> right back. Pretty standard k00k stuff, but at least he's lively.
>> Quiet kooks are just as fun, though, particularly if they pretend to
be
>> above it all and are busy trying to get you shut down by e-mail. Best
>> thing to do with them, if you're bothered, is to invent a sympathetic
>> sock and get them to write to him. In another group I actually had
one
>> of them plot to get Bertie beaten up! Great fun!
>> Plenty of those here and they're al as dumb as dirt.
>>

>> Bertie
>>

> You rationalize more and more like Anthony every day.
>
> Squirt, squirt.

Oh yeah, just like him.

Nice try lamerboi

Bertie

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
April 26th 08, 12:03 AM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:IrtQj.58301$QC.42519
@newsfe20.lga:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>>>>

>>> You rationalize more and more like Anthony every day.
>>>
>>> Squirt, squirt.
>>>

>> Oh yeah, just like him.
>>
>> Nice try lamerboi
>>

>> Bertie
>
> Squirt, squirt.

49

Snort!

Bertie

Maxwell[_2_]
April 26th 08, 12:04 AM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message

>> You rationalize more and more like Anthony every day.
>>
>> Squirt, squirt.
>>

> Oh yeah, just like him.
>
> Nice try lamerboi
>

> Bertie

Squirt, squirt.

Maxwell[_2_]
April 26th 08, 12:04 AM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message

> Correctin an accurate squirt.
>
> You're just ****ing on your own leg..
>

> Bertie

Sure I am Squirty.

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
April 26th 08, 12:06 AM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:zstQj.58302$QC.29450
@newsfe20.lga:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>>
>> Correctin an accurate squirt.
>>
>> You're just ****ing on your own leg..
>>

>> Bertie
>
> Sure I am Squirty.

Bwawhahwha!

Thank ya jebus.

Bertie

Maxwell[_2_]
April 26th 08, 12:16 AM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .

> Snort!
>

> Bertie

Damn Squirty, you don't have to snort it,

just squirt, squirt and go.

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
April 26th 08, 12:21 AM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:3DtQj.58308$QC.23414
@newsfe20.lga:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>

>> Snort!
>>

>> Bertie
>>>

> Damn Squirty, you don't have to snort it,
>
> just squirt, squirt and go.

Oh ouch another lame form the master.

Bertie

Maxwell[_2_]
April 28th 08, 05:12 AM
Yeah, if you check out all this time stamps you can see how frantically he
runs through squirting on everything. He quite often gets in such a hurry,
he insults the wrong person.

"Dave" > wrote in message
> Haw!!!
>
> Best yet!
>
> ("Dog trackin" vision inserted here)
>
> :)
>
> Dave
>

> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:07:01 -0500, "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net>
> wrote:
>
> (snip)
>>
>>Sorry Jim, you'll have to forgive our resident "know it all", Bertie the
>>Butlipp, aka Squirtie the ****drip.
>>
>>He's kind of like Aunt Wilma's Chihuahua. The minute he gets out of the
>>house, he has to run around and squirt on every thread possible. Kind of
>>makes me wonder if he gets up after every post and does that thing other
>>dogs do with raking his feet!!

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
April 28th 08, 05:12 AM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in
:

> Yeah, if you check out all this time stamps you can see how
> frantically he runs through squirting on everything.

Frantically?

Bwawhawhahhwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahhwhahwhha!

He quite often
> gets in such a hurry, he insults the wrong person.

Hey, war is hell, fjukkwit.

Bertie

> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> Haw!!!
>>
>> Best yet!
>>
>> ("Dog trackin" vision inserted here)
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:07:01 -0500, "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> (snip)
>>>
>>>Sorry Jim, you'll have to forgive our resident "know it all", Bertie
>>>the Butlipp, aka Squirtie the ****drip.
>>>
>>>He's kind of like Aunt Wilma's Chihuahua. The minute he gets out of
>>>the house, he has to run around and squirt on every thread possible.
>>>Kind of makes me wonder if he gets up after every post and does that
>>>thing other dogs do with raking his feet!!

Maxwell[_2_]
May 1st 08, 02:07 AM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in
> :
>
>> Yeah, if you check out all this time stamps you can see how
>> frantically he runs through squirting on everything.
>

> Frantically?
>

> Bwawhawhahhwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahhwhahwhha!
>

> He quite often
>> gets in such a hurry, he insults the wrong person.
>

> Hey, war is hell, fjukkwit.
>

> Bertie

Oh, so this is a war, and not a news group?

When is the next time you and Anthony go to group therapy?

Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]
May 1st 08, 02:16 AM
"Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in news:DJ8Sj.111616$Ft5.83453
@newsfe15.lga:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Maxwell" <luv2^fly99@cox.^net> wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Yeah, if you check out all this time stamps you can see how
>>> frantically he runs through squirting on everything.
>>

>> Frantically?
>>

>> Bwawhawhahhwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahhwhahwhha!
>>

>> He quite often
>>> gets in such a hurry, he insults the wrong person.
>>

>> Hey, war is hell, fjukkwit.
>>

>> Bertie
>>>

> Oh, so this is a war, and not a news group?
>
> When is the next time you and Anthony go to group therapy?

When's your next methadone fix?

Bertie

Google