PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit air vents

bartbrn
April 25th 08, 10:39 AM
Anyone know where I can get small adjustable cockpit air vents that
don't cost $80.00 a pop?

Thanks!

Bart

Gig 601Xl Builder
April 25th 08, 02:16 PM
bartbrn wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get small adjustable cockpit air vents that
> don't cost $80.00 a pop?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bart

Can you be a little more specific?

John Kunkel
April 25th 08, 07:50 PM
"bartbrn" > wrote in message
> Anyone know where I can get small adjustable cockpit air vents that
> don't cost $80.00 a pop?

If you're referring to "eyeball vents" it kinda depends on what you call
small. There are inexpensive plastic ones that are around 2.5" available
from hot rod sources like Vintage Air but for the aluminum billet type that
are half that size you might be stuck with aviation version.

Rich S.[_1_]
April 25th 08, 08:09 PM
"bartbrn" > wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get small adjustable cockpit air vents that
> don't cost $80.00 a pop?

Flymart at OSH. Good reason to go and spend a thousand bucks for
transportation, accommodation, and recreation.

Rich S.

Charlie[_2_]
April 25th 08, 11:36 PM
bartbrn wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get small adjustable cockpit air vents that
> don't cost $80.00 a pop?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bart
Van's A/C has surprisingly good prices on a lot of accessory items.
Their plastic eyeball by itself is <$20; a complete kit is $33.

http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?ident=1209162694-328-303&browse=heatvent&product=ventilation-components

Charlie

bartbrn
April 26th 08, 02:21 AM
On Apr 25, 6:36*pm, Charlie > wrote:
> Van's A/C has surprisingly good prices on a lot of accessory items.
> Their plastic eyeball by itself is <$20; a complete kit is $33.
>
> http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?ident=1209162694-328-...

Exactly what I was looking for -- thanks! My apologies to all for not
being a little more size-specific -- 2.5" is just right. Can you
recommend some other good sites? I have Aircraft Spruce's catalog, but
I'm always looking for A/C-grade bolts and miscellaneous hardware.

Thanks again!

Bart

bartbrn
April 26th 08, 02:24 AM
On Apr 25, 9:21*pm, bartbrn > wrote:
> Exactly what I was looking for -- thanks!

And I was looking for some NACA intake vents... thanks a third time!

Bart

Google