PDA

View Full Version : Good Press

sisu1a
May 2nd 08, 12:04 AM
Hi All, I just got my EAA Sport Aviation magazine and to my surprise
found two good sailplane articles in it. The first, pgs 34-37 is
called Pured Flight, and is a general overview of gliding, beginning
first on explaining sailplanes, then launching them, then soaring
followed up with buying/building with some book references. Pretty
cool considering how many folks that know an aileron from their a$$
get this publication. Next on pgs 38-42 is the second article, titled
Going Propless chronicling a young man's add-on rating and noting some
of the benefits of it (but unfortunately failed to mention that it
counts as a BFR) with a small blurp at the end of it with Cindy
Brickner soling a kid from SoCal.

Paul

bumper
May 2nd 08, 07:25 AM
"Soaring NV" www.soaringnv.com has finally opened for business at Minden, NV
after working furiously all winter to get ready. They provide rides,
instruction (new student to advanced cross country), glider rentals etc.
Good people.

Soaring NV's hangar is a couple of buildings north of the Taildragger
restaurant.

bumper
Disclaimer - - no affiliation with Soaring NV, but it is nice to see another
friendly soaring FBO open. I wish them well.

Vsoars
May 2nd 08, 03:44 PM
On May 1, 6:04*pm, sisu1a > wrote:
> Hi All, I just got my EAA Sport Aviation magazine and to my surprise
> found two good sailplane articles in it. The first, pgs 34-37 is
> called Pured Flight, and is a general overview of gliding, beginning
> first on explaining sailplanes, then launching them, then soaring
> followed up with buying/building with some book references. Pretty
> cool considering how many folks that know an aileron from their a$$
> get this publication. Next on pgs 38-42 is the second article, titled
> Going Propless chronicling a young man's add-on rating and noting some
> of the benefits of it (but unfortunately failed to mention that it
> counts as a BFR) with a small blurp at the end of it with Cindy
> Brickner soling a kid from SoCal.
>
> Paul

Thanks for letting us know the article is out. The author, a CFI with
many aviation credentials, wrote the article. Her earlier endorsement
of soaring can be found in an article she wrote for ATLANTIC FLYER.
This wonderfully written story covers her daughter's experiences at a
soaring camp. ( It turned out to be a very positive experience.)
What could be a stronger endorsement of soaring than selecting it as
the way to introduce your child to aviation?

Google