PDA

View Full Version : Traverse Air Inc. In Traverse City, MI

NW_Pilot
May 7th 08, 08:48 AM
Anyone had any dealing with www.traverseair.com in Traverse City MI...

Looking in to their Seaplane add on.

Anyone recomend a place to get a Multi Engine Seaplane rating that
reasonable in price...

Jim Burns[_2_]
May 7th 08, 01:40 PM
Myself and 2 partners did our MEL at Traverseair. I also tacked on my CFII
while I was there and one of my partners added a SES after he did his MEL.
Very down to earth and relaxed attitude and program. DE was a great guy who
was the Chief Instructor at a local community college. I know several other
pilots from the central Wis area who have gotten ratings through Tom and
I've never heard a bad word.

Multi Engine Sea... a good friend of mine used Jack Brown in Winterhaven,
FL. They used a Twin Seabee. No idea of the cost.
http://www.brownsseaplane.com/

Jim

NW_Pilot
May 7th 08, 09:25 PM
"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> Myself and 2 partners did our MEL at Traverseair. I also tacked on my
> CFII
> while I was there and one of my partners added a SES after he did his MEL.
> Very down to earth and relaxed attitude and program. DE was a great guy
> who
> was the Chief Instructor at a local community college. I know several
> other
> pilots from the central Wis area who have gotten ratings through Tom and
> I've never heard a bad word.
>
> Multi Engine Sea... a good friend of mine used Jack Brown in Winterhaven,
> FL. They used a Twin Seabee. No idea of the cost.
> http://www.brownsseaplane.com/
>
> Jim

Cool thanks for the info on Traverseair, I looked into jack browns the cost
was more than I am willing to pay... looks like Traverseair for the SES and
Skylink Aviation in Missouri At Smartt Field (St. Charles County Airport
KSET) for the CFI!!! Still a toss up for the MES???

Dallas
May 8th 08, 05:37 AM
On Wed, 7 May 2008 13:25:20 -0700, NW_Pilot wrote:

> for the CFI

Yo Steven, are you still going to do the ferry business or are you moving
on?

--
Dallas

Hilton
May 8th 08, 07:51 AM
Jim,

http://hiltonswebsite.com/Aviation/SeaplaneMultiEngine

I don't remember how much I paid.

Hilton

"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> Myself and 2 partners did our MEL at Traverseair. I also tacked on my
> CFII
> while I was there and one of my partners added a SES after he did his MEL.
> Very down to earth and relaxed attitude and program. DE was a great guy
> who
> was the Chief Instructor at a local community college. I know several
> other
> pilots from the central Wis area who have gotten ratings through Tom and
> I've never heard a bad word.
>
> Multi Engine Sea... a good friend of mine used Jack Brown in Winterhaven,
> FL. They used a Twin Seabee. No idea of the cost.
> http://www.brownsseaplane.com/
>
> Jim

NW_Pilot
May 8th 08, 09:25 AM
"Dallas" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 7 May 2008 13:25:20 -0700, NW_Pilot wrote:
>
>> for the CFI
>
> Yo Steven, are you still going to do the ferry business or are you moving
> on?
>
> --
> Dallas

Still doing the ferry business... for now!

Jim Burns[_2_]
May 8th 08, 01:18 PM
Hey Hilton,
Great write ups on both the SES and MES. Now I know 2 guys that have played
with the Twin Bee. My friend had the same comments about control movements
while on the water... maximum deflection, take a nap, wake up when the view
starts to change :)

Re: NorCal... I saw Terry on one of the aviation channels a while back... at
the time of the filming she was also using a Piper Apache on floats that was
owned by a pilot from Belgium... I was lucky enough to get a look at it at
OSH many years ago, one of a kind. Which brings to mind the Aztec Nomad
http://www.aztecnomad.com/, Steven, maybe you could hook up with the Nomad
guys for your MES?

Jim

Hilton
May 9th 08, 12:33 AM
Jim,

Terry recently sold NorCal to Ned. Sad news...

http://nedsnyderlives.blogspot.com

Hilton

"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> Hey Hilton,
> Great write ups on both the SES and MES. Now I know 2 guys that have
> played
> with the Twin Bee. My friend had the same comments about control
> movements
> while on the water... maximum deflection, take a nap, wake up when the
> view
> starts to change :)
>
> Re: NorCal... I saw Terry on one of the aviation channels a while back...
> at
> the time of the filming she was also using a Piper Apache on floats that
> was
> owned by a pilot from Belgium... I was lucky enough to get a look at it at
> OSH many years ago, one of a kind. Which brings to mind the Aztec Nomad
> http://www.aztecnomad.com/, Steven, maybe you could hook up with the Nomad
> guys for your MES?
>
> Jim

May 9th 08, 12:50 AM
Very sad indeed. I just checked the norcal website and see that
they've shut down.

I hope Terry will revive the operation. Going up there for a couple
days of splashing around in her 150 has been the highlight of the last
couple of summers.

On May 8, 4:33 pm, "Hilton" > wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Terry recently sold NorCal to Ned. Sad news...

Google