PDA

View Full Version : AvMap GeoPilot II Plus

Jkgoblue
May 8th 08, 07:19 PM
Has anyone used this Unit? I have seen a lot of discussions on the
larger AvMap EKP IV but not much on this one. Any PIREP's out there?

I've been looking for a handheld unit that has the best sunlight
readable screen for my old eyes that won't break the bank and that's
easy to handle around in the cockpit. I've borrowed a Garmin 296 and
it's ok. I'm used to the interface but the screen, though pretty good
in direct sunlight, is a little small. The Lowrance 2000C seems to be
a pretty good deal right now but is it kind of bulky?

As far as I can tell, my best options are Garmin 296 , AvMap GeoPilot
II Plus or Lowrance 2000C

I know this has been debated to death here before but with the
GeoPilot II Plus with weather, is it the new alternative?

WingFlaps
May 8th 08, 09:39 PM
On May 9, 6:19*am, Jkgoblue > wrote:
> Has anyone used this Unit? I have seen a lot of discussions on the
> larger AvMap EKP IV but not much on this one. Any PIREP's out there?
>
> I've been looking for a handheld unit that has the best sunlight
> readable screen for my old eyes that won't break the bank and that's
> easy to handle around in the cockpit. I've borrowed a Garmin 296 and
> it's ok. I'm used to the interface but the screen, though pretty good
> in direct sunlight, is a little small. *The Lowrance 2000C seems to be
> a pretty good deal right now but is it kind of bulky?

I'd like to know this too please.

Cheers

Google