PDA

View Full Version : Video: Sierra Wave and Return

Kemp[_2_]
May 12th 08, 04:29 AM
The latest post documents an April flight with Stefan Luetenegger in
the ASH-25. We towed out of Williams, California to the Sierra wave
to test some new equipment and wound up working a variety of lift on a
new course. This 16 minute Quicktime video is posted in an ipod
640x360 size and the big 1080 format. The big format file is over
800MB in size, but many of you were very enthusiastic about the last
big file, so we'll see how you do with this one. If you are
successful with the download, please let me know how long it took and
any other comments. Also, if you strongly prefer a Flash version,
please note that too. The site is:

http://hdsoaring.blogspot.com/

Thanks.

May 13th 08, 12:36 AM
On May 11, 8:29 pm, Kemp > wrote:
> The latest post documents an April flight with Stefan Luetenegger in
> the ASH-25. We towed out of Williams, California to the Sierra wave
> to test some new equipment and wound up working a variety of lift on a
> new course. This 16 minute Quicktime video is posted in an ipod
> 640x360 size and the big 1080 format. The big format file is over
> 800MB in size, but many of you were very enthusiastic about the last
> big file, so we'll see how you do with this one. If you are
> successful with the download, please let me know how long it took and
> any other comments. Also, if you strongly prefer a Flash version,
> please note that too. The site is:
>
> http://hdsoaring.blogspot.com/
>
> Thanks.

This is excellent....

Jacek
Pasco, WA

bagmaker
May 13th 08, 10:57 AM
really well done guys, thanks

bagger

Kemp[_2_]
May 13th 08, 07:20 PM
A Flash version for those who'd like a non-Quicktime solution is now
on the site (scroll down a bit) and a medium format Quicktime also.
Thanks to all for the feedback. Kemp

Kloudy via AviationKB.com
May 13th 08, 07:49 PM
Kemp wrote:
>The latest post documents an April flight with Stefan Luetenegger in
>the ASH-25.
>http://hdsoaring.blogspot.com/
>
>Thanks.

Wow Kemp, that was cool.
Thanks for your efforts.

Shawn[_5_]
May 14th 08, 01:13 AM
Kemp wrote:
> The latest post documents an April flight with Stefan Luetenegger in
> the ASH-25. We towed out of Williams, California to the Sierra wave
> to test some new equipment and wound up working a variety of lift on a
> new course. This 16 minute Quicktime video is posted in an ipod
> 640x360 size and the big 1080 format. The big format file is over
> 800MB in size, but many of you were very enthusiastic about the last
> big file, so we'll see how you do with this one. If you are
> successful with the download, please let me know how long it took and
> any other comments. Also, if you strongly prefer a Flash version,
> please note that too. The site is:
>
> http://hdsoaring.blogspot.com/

Nice video. It's very helpful for me to hear the in-flight thoughts of
experienced XC pilots.
My 2005 vintage 2 GHz PowerPC iMac (OS 10.5.2) choked on the 800MB file,
but my wife's year old Intel iMac handled it fine running the same Mac
OS or XP. The smaller file worked fine on my computer.
Thanks for the great work, and keep the bigger files coming!

Shawn

Kloudy via AviationKB.com
May 14th 08, 05:59 PM
Kloudy wrote:
>>The latest post documents an April flight with Stefan Luetenegger in
>>the ASH-25.
>>http://hdsoaring.blogspot.com/
>>
>>Thanks.
>
>Wow Kemp, that was cool.