PDA

View Full Version : A Tale Told By An Idiot

Mike Kanze
May 13th 08, 10:15 PM
Many of the recent posts in these NGs remind me of Shakespeare's line in Macbeth about "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" (Act V., Scene 5).

(I am fully aware that some of my posts might also be so categorized. <g>)

Personally, I prefer not to waste electrons by feeding odd behaviors, trolls, and the like.

Cheers!

--
Mike Kanze

Miss Mabel Jellyman (Allison Skipworth): "Maudie, do you really think I could get rid of my inhibitions?"
Maudie Triplett (Mae West): "Why, sure. I got an old trunk you can put them in."

- Night After Night, 1932

Ed Rasimus[_1_]
May 13th 08, 11:21 PM
On Tue, 13 May 2008 14:15:45 -0700, "Mike Kanze"
> wrote:

>Many of the recent posts in these NGs remind me of Shakespeare's line in Macbeth about "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" (Act V., Scene 5).
>
>(I am fully aware that some of my posts might also be so categorized. <g>)
>
>Personally, I prefer not to waste electrons by feeding odd behaviors, trolls, and the like.
>
>Cheers!

'Tis not to feed the troll, but to provide information and insight to
the serious with an interest in the subject who otherwise might
abandon the pursuit thereof and simply depart shaking their collective
heads in mystification.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Palace Cobra"
www.thunderchief.org

Jack Linthicum
May 13th 08, 11:31 PM
On May 13, 6:21 pm, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 14:15:45 -0700, "Mike Kanze"
>
> > wrote:
> >Many of the recent posts in these NGs remind me of Shakespeare's line in Macbeth about "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" (Act V., Scene 5).
>
> >(I am fully aware that some of my posts might also be so categorized. <g>)
>
> >Personally, I prefer not to waste electrons by feeding odd behaviors, trolls, and the like.
>
> >Cheers!
>
> 'Tis not to feed the troll, but to provide information and insight to
> the serious with an interest in the subject who otherwise might
> abandon the pursuit thereof and simply depart shaking their collective
> heads in mystification.
>
> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> "Palace Cobra"www.thunderchief.org

Just knowing someone with a collective head would be interesting

eyeball
May 13th 08, 11:56 PM
In my case I really am into the subject of the group, but am by no
means an expert...and it's fun to mess with the trolls too...an
internet turkey shoot ;)
But I try not to get to deep into arguing with them, we only get so
many breaths in life...
http://www.shreddedmoose.com/images/embed/20070820_arguing.jpg

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
May 14th 08, 12:57 AM
Ed Rasimus wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 14:15:45 -0700, "Mike Kanze"
> > wrote:
>
>> Many of the recent posts in these NGs remind me of Shakespeare's line in Macbeth about "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" (Act V., Scene 5).
>>
>> (I am fully aware that some of my posts might also be so categorized. <g>)
>>
>> Personally, I prefer not to waste electrons by feeding odd behaviors, trolls, and the like.
>>
>> Cheers!
>
> 'Tis not to feed the troll, but to provide information and insight to
> the serious with an interest in the subject who otherwise might
> abandon the pursuit thereof and simply depart shaking their collective
> heads in mystification.
>
> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> "Palace Cobra"
> www.thunderchief.org

Geez Ed, this is right up there with

"If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the
world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands"
Winston Churchill :-)))

--
Dudley Henriques

Ogden Johnson III
May 14th 08, 01:35 AM
eyeball > wrote:

>In my case I really am into the subject of the group,

Which group? rec.aviation.military?
rec.aviation.military.naval? sci.military.naval?

>but am by no
>means an expert...and it's fun to mess with the trolls too...an
>internet turkey shoot ;)
>But I try not to get to deep into arguing with them, we only get so
>many breaths in life...
>http://www.shreddedmoose.com/images/embed/20070820_arguing.jpg

--
OJ III

Rob Arndt[_2_]
May 14th 08, 02:20 AM
On May 13, 2:15�pm, "Mike Kanze" > wrote:
> Many of the recent posts in these NGs remind me of Shakespeare's line in Macbeth about "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" (Act V., Scene 5).
>
> (I am fully aware that some of my posts might also be so categorized. <g>)
>
> Personally, I prefer not to waste electrons by feeding odd behaviors, trolls, and the like.
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> Mike Kanze
>
> Miss Mabel Jellyman (Allison Skipworth): "Maudie, do you really think I could get rid of my inhibitions?"
> Maudie Triplett (Mae West): "Why, sure. I got an old trunk you can put them in."
>
> - Night After Night, 1932

Mike,

First time on Usenet?

Rob

Ed Rasimus[_1_]
May 14th 08, 01:51 PM
On Tue, 13 May 2008 19:57:02 -0400, Dudley Henriques
> wrote:

>Ed Rasimus wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 May 2008 14:15:45 -0700, "Mike Kanze"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Many of the recent posts in these NGs remind me of Shakespeare's line in Macbeth about "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" (Act V., Scene 5).
>>>
>>> (I am fully aware that some of my posts might also be so categorized. <g>)
>>>
>>> Personally, I prefer not to waste electrons by feeding odd behaviors, trolls, and the like.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>
>> 'Tis not to feed the troll, but to provide information and insight to
>> the serious with an interest in the subject who otherwise might
>> abandon the pursuit thereof and simply depart shaking their collective
>> heads in mystification.
>>
>> Ed Rasimus
>> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
>> "When Thunder Rolled"
>> "Palace Cobra"
>> www.thunderchief.org
>
>Geez Ed, this is right up there with
>
> "If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the
>world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands"
>Winston Churchill :-)))

Actually after reading through the latest additions of the daily
drivel, I've got to confess the idiocy is insurmountable. I yield to
the wiser and abandon the field to those with greater persistence.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Palace Cobra"
www.thunderchief.org

Rob Arndt[_2_]
May 14th 08, 02:29 PM
On May 14, 5:51�am, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 19:57:02 -0400, Dudley Henriques
>

> > wrote:
> >Ed Rasimus wrote:
> >> On Tue, 13 May 2008 14:15:45 -0700, "Mike Kanze"

> >> 'Tis not to feed the troll, but to provide information and insight to
> >> the serious with an interest in the subject who otherwise might
> >> abandon the pursuit thereof and simply depart shaking their collective
> >> heads in mystification.
>
> >> Ed Rasimus
> >> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> >> "When Thunder Rolled"
> >> "Palace Cobra"
> >>www.thunderchief.org
>
> >Geez Ed, this is right up there with
>
> > �"If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the
> >world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands"
> >Winston Churchill :-)))
>
> Actually after reading through the latest additions of the daily
> drivel, I've got to confess the idiocy is insurmountable. I yield to
> the wiser and abandon the field to those with greater persistence.
>
> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> "Palace Cobra"www.thunderchief.org- Hide quoted text -

What, nobody talking about Vietnam?

I guess that means your voicebox is muted.

Silence is golden ;)

Rob

Mike Kanze
May 14th 08, 04:47 PM
Rob,

>First time on Usenet?

Hardly. Just continuously amazed that the same pathologies cycle endlessly, like an out-of-control carousel.

--

"Rob Arndt" > wrote in message ...
On May 13, 2:15�pm, "Mike Kanze" > wrote:
> Many of the recent posts in these NGs remind me of Shakespeare's line in Macbeth about "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" (Act V., Scene 5).
>
> (I am fully aware that some of my posts might also be so categorized. <g>)
>
> Personally, I prefer not to waste electrons by feeding odd behaviors, trolls, and the like.
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> Mike Kanze
>
> Miss Mabel Jellyman (Allison Skipworth): "Maudie, do you really think I could get rid of my inhibitions?"
> Maudie Triplett (Mae West): "Why, sure. I got an old trunk you can put them in."
>
> - Night After Night, 1932

Mike,

First time on Usenet?

Rob

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
May 14th 08, 07:26 PM
Ed Rasimus wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 19:57:02 -0400, Dudley Henriques
> > wrote:
>
>> Ed Rasimus wrote:
>>> On Tue, 13 May 2008 14:15:45 -0700, "Mike Kanze"

>>> 'Tis not to feed the troll, but to provide information and insight to
>>> the serious with an interest in the subject who otherwise might
>>> abandon the pursuit thereof and simply depart shaking their collective
>>> heads in mystification.
>>>
>>> Ed Rasimus
>>> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
>>> "When Thunder Rolled"
>>> "Palace Cobra"
>>> www.thunderchief.org
>> Geez Ed, this is right up there with
>>
>> "If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the
>> world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands"
>> Winston Churchill :-)))
>
> Actually after reading through the latest additions of the daily
> drivel, I've got to confess the idiocy is insurmountable. I yield to
> the wiser and abandon the field to those with greater persistence.
>
> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> "Palace Cobra"
> www.thunderchief.org

It IS tempting I'll admit, but the few regulars that manage to hang in
still manage to make some sense out of checking in once in a while.
--
Dudley Henriques

Google