PDA

View Full Version : LS4 battery install

klie
May 15th 08, 07:38 PM
I am looking to put a battery behind the seat, on the rear deck of an
LS-4. Any experience or advice?

Don K.

JS
May 15th 08, 08:01 PM
In my old LS-4 (#4008) there were three hard points installed in the
luggage compartment for a Winter barograph.
You can bolt your battery box to them.
(Made mine out of glass, with a webbing strap to secure the battery.
The cable run was easy.)
Jim

On May 15, 11:38 am, klie > wrote:
> I am looking to put a battery behind the seat, on the rear deck of an
> LS-4. Any experience or advice?
>
> Don K.

BT
May 16th 08, 03:59 AM
that's where ours is.. as JS described
BT

"JS" > wrote in message
> In my old LS-4 (#4008) there were three hard points installed in the
> luggage compartment for a Winter barograph.
> You can bolt your battery box to them.
> (Made mine out of glass, with a webbing strap to secure the battery.
> The cable run was easy.)
> Jim
>
> On May 15, 11:38 am, klie > wrote:
>> I am looking to put a battery behind the seat, on the rear deck of an
>> LS-4. Any experience or advice?
>>
>> Don K.

Papa3
May 16th 08, 07:17 PM
On May 15, 2:38*pm, klie > wrote:
> I am looking to put a battery behind the seat, on the rear deck of an
> LS-4. *Any experience or advice?
>
> Don K.

In the LS-4 maintenance manual, there are specific instructions for
mounting a battery (or other equipment) on the luggage deck.
Briefly, it involves drilling up through the gear well and using a
bolt with spacers between the top of the gear well and the thin cover
over the well. There's an LS newsgroup on Yahoo Groups where you
might find someone who actually has a copy of the manual if you
don't.

Erik Mann
LS8-18 P3 (formerly LS4)

Google