PDA

View Full Version : US Nationals

May 18th 08, 05:09 AM
The competition of this caliber (US Nationals in Standard Class)
deserve much better scorer and way better reporting.
RRK

noel.wade
May 18th 08, 08:49 AM
On May 17, 9:09 pm, wrote:
> The competition of this caliber (US Nationals in Standard Class)
> deserve much better scorer and way better reporting.
> RRK

OK, I'm not associated with sailplane racing in any way, but I used to
do a lot of auto-racing and helping out with those events.

How about offering constructive criticism or suggestions on ways to do
things better, rather than a blind and un-helpful rant??

--Noel

Orion Kingman
May 18th 08, 03:37 PM
On May 17, 9:09 pm, wrote:
> The competition of this caliber (US Nationals in Standard Class)
> deserve much better scorer and way better reporting.
> RRK

Wow... Are you aware that every single report that you read is posted
by a volunteer? I'm sure what caliber of reporting you are demanding,
but if you are so inclined, feel free to travel the national circuit
(at your own expense, mind you) and offer to be a scorer/reporter.

Andy[_1_]
May 19th 08, 07:09 PM
On May 18, 12:49*am, "noel.wade" > wrote:

> How about offering constructive criticism or suggestions on ways to do
> things better, rather than a blind and un-helpful rant??

Ok, I'll bite. The Std Nats reports on the SSA site are well written
and informative but they have been spoiled by incorrect interpretation
of punctuation marks and other non text ASCII characters. They would
be easier to read if those errors could be prevented or corrected
before publication.

Andy

Rick Culbertson
May 20th 08, 06:23 PM
> How about offering constructive criticism or suggestions on ways to do
> things better, rather than a blind and un-helpful rant??
> --Noel

Excellent point,
In my fairly short U.S. sailplane racing career I've had the pleasure
and very good fortune to attend a few contests where the daily
reporting was consistently very informative and timely. The daily
format applied was a morning or "AM Report" followed up with a "PM
Report" and a timely Preliminary Score sheet posting. The reports
always shared the human nature flavor of the event with the nuts and
bolts of the day’s task dramas sprinkled with a bit of humor. I as
well as my friends and family appreciated and enjoyed the reports;
they felt intimately involved and couldn’t wait for the next report to
be posted, great PR! It should be no surprise to the racing veterans
the CDs at these contest were always the Charlie’s, either "Spratt" or
"Lite", thanks! So, if one is looking for the tried and true crowd
pleasing contest reporting format, no need to reinvent the wheel,
Charlie did it that settles it!
Rick - 21

5Z
May 21st 08, 03:58 AM
On May 19, 12:09 pm, Andy > wrote:
> Ok, I'll bite. The Std Nats reports on the SSA site are well written
> and informative but they have been spoiled by incorrect interpretation
> of punctuation marks and other non text ASCII characters. They would
> be easier to read if those errors could be prevented or corrected
> before publication.

And why not visit the website after uploading the report or scores.
Yesterday's scores for Cordele came through as a single line of text.
I pulled the web page into a text editor and replaced all occurrences
of single quote (apostrophe) with a new line and we get a readable
score sheet (as long as you use a fixed font such as courier to view
this post)

2008 Standard Class Nationals
Cordele, GA
Monday, May 19, 2008

Unofficial
Standard Class Day 5

Task: Modified Assigned
ID Name Distance (Miles) Radius
38 38 Point B 0.00 5.0
18 18 Fitzgerld 33.32
2 02 FNSHGTCRD 68.83 1.0

Minimum Time 03:30

Cumulative
Day Remarks
Rank Points ID Name Glider Rank Points
Speed Distance Code Penalty Points
---- ----- -- ---- ------ ---- ------
----- -------- ---- -------- ------
1 3438 XM Smith, Michael LS-8 7
878 57.17 200.14 SSA
2 3425 JW Walker, Jae Discus 2A 4
913 59.48 223.05 SSA
3 3354 PG Gaisford, Phillip Discus 2B 6
887 57.79 212.53 SSA
4 3352 CG Garner, Chip Discus 2A 3
924 60.20 213.64 SSA
5 3312 7K Keene, Mark Discus 2B 20
710 44.97 178.37 SSA
6 3286 F1 Springford, Dave LS-8-18 9
855 55.69 198.40 SSA
7 3248 JB Bearden, Chip ASW-24 14
785 51.14 201.21 SSA
8 3237 H7 Huss, Bif Discus 2B 1
1000 65.14 239.21 SSA
9 3179 90 Fletcher, Bob ASW-28 10
832 54.20 203.96 SSA
10 3151 TO Schroth, Stefan DG-303 12
809 52.69 185.69 SSA

11 3046 44 Gough, Andy LS-8-18 5
894 58.21 205.36 SSA
12 3040 5U Giltner, Sam Discus 2A 16
754 49.11 177.00 SSA, W
13 2967 KZ Kerns, Billy LS-8-18 13
788 51.33 193.62 SSA
14 2948 P3 Mann, Erik LS-8 24
689 37.88 141.01 SSA
15 2896 EG Spitz, Bob ASW-28 15
758 49.41 176.65 SSA
16 2858 R Retting, Henry Discus 2B 2
927 60.41 216.59 SSA
17 2856 LBL Litt, Baudouin LS-8-18 8
866 56.44 208.72 SSA
18 2801 OE Epp, Robert Discus 17
749 48.80 172.99 SSA
19 2746 BN Hall, William LS-8 19
713 45.96 170.08 SSA
20 2460 WM Higgins, Mike Discus 2B 26
152 58.56 MD, SSA

21 2459 EA Owen, Rich LS-8-18 25
310 109.66 SSA, AB
22 2438 DJ Kelly, Sarah LS-8-18 18
741 48.25 188.79 SSA
23 2371 FZ Krolikowski, Ryszard SZD-55-1 22
696 40.26 146.09 SSA
24 2251 K7 Wilson, Tim LS-8 11
810 52.79 199.87 SSA
25 2240 RW Krolikowski, Tomasz SZD-55-1 22
696 40.21 146.12 SSA
26 2011 BH Taylor, Clyde ASW-28 21
703 42.62 161.20 SSA
27 1789 DI Ware, Rob LS-8-18 27
150 57.62 MD, SSA
28 1726 XE Wichman, Todd Discus 2B 28
0 0.0 SSA, F

Codes:
SSA No SSA number on file for this pilot.
W Withdrew from contest.
MD Flight less than minimum distance of 60 Miles
AB 25pt Airfield Bonus.
F No flight log.

Created on Tuesday May 20, 2008 - 13:38 by Winscore, http://www.gfbyars.com/winscore

5Z