PDA

View Full Version : task at mifflin today

May 19th 08, 02:34 AM
what happened at mifflin today? looks like a seriously undercalled and
devalued day. anyone have more info.

Greg Arnold[_2_]
May 19th 08, 03:26 AM
wrote:
> what happened at mifflin today? looks like a seriously undercalled and
> devalued day. anyone have more info.

The SSA website has the IGC files. If you look at them, you will see
that takeoff was around 1930 zulu. If I am doing my time conversion
correctly, that was 3:30 pm EDT. Thus, probably there was a very brief
and late weather window in which to launch and have a task.

May 19th 08, 12:58 PM
On May 18, 10:26�pm, Greg Arnold .> wrote:
> wrote:
> > what happened at mifflin today? looks like a seriously undercalled and
> > devalued day. anyone have more info.
>
> The SSA website has the IGC files. �If you look at them, you will see
> that takeoff was around 1930 zulu. �If I am doing my time conversion
> correctly, that was 3:30 pm EDT. �Thus, probably there was a very brief
> and late weather window in which to launch and have a task.

We had overcast skies and rain till around 1 pm. At noon the CD called
a 3 pm grid with a pilots meeting at grid front. We launched the
snifers and they reported main ridge was working supporting the tast
that John had called. What some of us didn't realize was the new
scoring rules about being undertime. So, some of us slowed up as the
task was a TAT 1 hr and 30 minute task and we were under time big
time. But that affects how your score is computed with the new rules.
The ridge task was really good and it was better than sitting around
watch flicks. The ridge was also very rough and we took a pounding in
some areas. Trust me, the CD and his advisors, know this area very
well, they make great calls and we all are grateful for their time
given so we can fly.
# 711.

May 19th 08, 02:34 PM
On May 18, 9:34 pm, wrote:
> what happened at mifflin today? looks like a seriously undercalled and
> devalued day. anyone have more info.

Sunday's task was an excellent late-day call.
More info at:
http://www.nadler.com/public/Mifflin2008.html
Enjoy !
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

May 19th 08, 07:11 PM
On May 19, 9:34 am, wrote:
> On May 18, 9:34 pm, wrote:
>
> > what happened at mifflin today? looks like a seriously undercalled and
> > devalued day. anyone have more info.
>
> Sunday's task was an excellent late-day call.
> More info at:
> http://www.nadler.com/public/Mifflin2008.html
> Enjoy !
> Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

News flash: Tow pilots on strike...

Chris Reed[_1_]
May 19th 08, 07:37 PM
wrote:
> On May 19, 9:34 am, wrote:
>> On May 18, 9:34 pm, wrote:
>>
>>> what happened at mifflin today? looks like a seriously undercalled and
>>> devalued day. anyone have more info.
>> Sunday's task was an excellent late-day call.
>> More info at:
>> http://www.nadler.com/public/Mifflin2008.html
>> Enjoy !
>> Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"
>
> News flash: Tow pilots on strike...

Unless US tow pilots are very different from the UK variety, a case of
beer should sort all this out.

Google