PDA

View Full Version : Strong Conditions in Western USA

Mike the Strike
May 19th 08, 03:42 PM
While the contestants in the US Nationals in the east of the country
were sitting mostly in the rain, we westerners experienced some of the
best conditions in a long time. The combination of moisture and cool
unstable air from a Pacific storm system and our signature hot sunny
skies resulted in perhaps the best weekend soaring since last year.

All top 20 OLC flights on Saturday and Sunday were from the west -
California, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming and my home state of
Arizona. They include:

1 flight > 950 km
8 flights > 700 km < 800 km
10 flights > 600 km < 700 km
16 flights > 500 km < 600 km

Nice job guys!

Mike

May 19th 08, 05:50 PM
On May 19, 6:42 am, Mike the Strike > wrote:
> While the contestants in the US Nationals in the east of the country
> were sitting mostly in the rain, we westerners experienced some of the
> best conditions in a long time. The combination of moisture and cool
> unstable air from a Pacific storm system and our signature hot sunny
> skies resulted in perhaps the best weekend soaring since last year.
>
> All top 20 OLC flights on Saturday and Sunday were from the west -
> California, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming and my home state of
> Arizona. They include:
>
> 1 flight > 950 km
> 8 flights > 700 km < 800 km
> 10 flights > 600 km < 700 km
> 16 flights > 500 km < 600 km
>
> Nice job guys!
>
> Mike

Go ahead, rub it in why don't you.

5Z
May 19th 08, 06:14 PM
On May 19, 10:50 am, wrote:
> Go ahead, rub it in why don't you.

....looking for my salt shaker :-)

JS
May 19th 08, 07:26 PM
On May 19, 10:14 am, 5Z > wrote:

> ...looking for my salt shaker :-)

Tom.... Wouldn't you rather be back east?
Think of all the sunscreen and Oxygen refills you wouldn't need.
:-)
Jim

May 20th 08, 02:27 AM
On May 19, 2:26�pm, JS > wrote:
> On May 19, 10:14 am, 5Z > wrote:
>

> > ...looking for my salt shaker �:-)
>
> Tom.... Wouldn't you rather be back east?
> Think of all the sunscreen and Oxygen refills you wouldn't need.
> :-)
> Jim

Ya Da, Ya Da, Ya Da.........when ya feel the need for
speed..........our eastern contest sites say best 133 plus P7 did on
a practice day...at Mifflin................plus check Sunday.....
Mifflin, and today Monday.... Mifflin............we don't need no
stinkin' oxygen or sunscreen, just willing varmits to jump over our
ridge running wings..............but are glad you western boys are
finally getting some distance in..... as I am heading west and thrown
away these long johns..........for some sun and warm

# 711

May 21st 08, 04:42 PM
A meager 500 km from the P7 Unit? Only 3 hrs in the saddle?

Google