PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Otis Willie

Jim[_10_]
May 20th 08, 12:02 AM
This newsgroup is dedicated to NAVAL AVIATION. Apparently you never read
our charter. So, for your benefit, it appears here now.

CHARTER: rec.aviation.military.naval

The purpose of this newsgroup is to facilitate open discussion about all
issues relating to Naval Aviation. It will provide a global forum for:
- pilots
- naval flight officers
- flight crew members
- aircraft maintenance personnel
- air traffic controllers
- flight deck personnel
- other support personnel
- others interested in Naval Aviation

The discussions will be based upon:
- flight training
- squadron history
- aircraft carrier operations
- patrol missions
- lighter-than-air operations
- combat experiences
- tower/GCA/CATCC experiences
- other subjects relating to and about Naval Aviation

The goal of these discussions is to provide a global community access to
discuss issues relating to Naval Aviation and foster interest in others
regarding this unique aspect of aviation.

The newsgroup will be unmoderated.

Commercial postings are not welcome as the group as proposed does not
require Vendors or Suppliers.

Binary file or graphic productions are prohibited. However a posting may
include reference to a URL or FTP pointing to such binary files.

END CHARTER.

St. John Smythe
May 20th 08, 11:30 AM
Jim wrote:
> This newsgroup is dedicated to NAVAL AVIATION. Apparently you never read
> our charter. So, for your benefit, it appears here now.

It's always good to see the charter, but it's unlikely to deter Otis.
Easiest thing is just to filter him out.
--
sjs

Don McIntyre
May 20th 08, 01:55 PM
On May 19, 6:02 pm, Jim > wrote:
> This newsgroup is dedicated to NAVAL AVIATION. Apparently you never read
> our charter. So, for your benefit, it appears here now.
>
> CHARTER: rec.aviation.military.naval
>
> The purpose of this newsgroup is to facilitate open discussion about all
> issues relating to Naval Aviation. It will provide a global forum for:
> - pilots
> - naval flight officers
> - flight crew members
> - aircraft maintenance personnel
> - air traffic controllers
> - flight deck personnel
> - other support personnel
> - others interested in Naval Aviation
>
> The discussions will be based upon:
> - flight training
> - squadron history
> - aircraft carrier operations
> - patrol missions
> - lighter-than-air operations
> - combat experiences
> - tower/GCA/CATCC experiences
> - other subjects relating to and about Naval Aviation
>
> The goal of these discussions is to provide a global community access to
> discuss issues relating to Naval Aviation and foster interest in others
> regarding this unique aspect of aviation.
>
> The newsgroup will be unmoderated.
>
> Commercial postings are not welcome as the group as proposed does not
> require Vendors or Suppliers.
>
> Binary file or graphic productions are prohibited. However a posting may
> include reference to a URL or FTP pointing to such binary files.
>
> END CHARTER.

Shame we can't get that NOMOREWARFORISRAEL jerk to read and heed, too.

Jim[_10_]
May 21st 08, 03:03 PM
On Tue, 20 May 2008 06:30:25 -0400, St. John Smythe wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>> This newsgroup is dedicated to NAVAL AVIATION. Apparently you never
>> read our charter. So, for your benefit, it appears here now.
>
> It's always good to see the charter, but it's unlikely to deter Otis.
> Easiest thing is just to filter him out.

Actually I doubt he even reads anything here. But with any luck someone
who works with him might drop the hint.

Ogden Johnson III
May 21st 08, 06:40 PM
Jim > wrote:

>St. John Smythe wrote:

>> Jim wrote:

>>> This newsgroup is dedicated to NAVAL AVIATION. Apparently you never
>>> read our charter. So, for your benefit, it appears here now.

>> It's always good to see the charter, but it's unlikely to deter Otis.
>> Easiest thing is just to filter him out.

>Actually I doubt he even reads anything here. But with any luck someone
>who works with him might drop the hint.

Phill Coleman (aka Otis Willie, aka American War Library et al)
works alone. There is no "someone who works with him" that
"might drop the hint."

--
OJ III

Donald Keeney
May 21st 08, 06:47 PM
Chief Jim wrote, in part ;
>" This newsgroup is dedicated to NAVAL
> AVIATION. Apparently you never read our charter.
> So, for your benefit, it appears here now.
Otis Willie ( real name Phil Coleman ) runs the American War Library out
of his home on Brighton Ave in Gardena California. He spams every
service newsgroup he can find on usenet. Don't waste your time on the
guy.

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 65-67

John Boyle
May 23rd 08, 09:19 PM
St. John Smythe wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>> This newsgroup is dedicated to NAVAL AVIATION. Apparently you never
>> read our charter. So, for your benefit, it appears here now.
>
> It's always good to see the charter, but it's unlikely to deter Otis.
> Easiest thing is just to filter him out.
To Mr. Smythe: Problem is my browser will not let me filter out any
newsgroup item.

Google