PDA

View Full Version : Re: Jonker JS1 Winning US 18m Nationals?

Greg Arnold[_2_]
May 21st 08, 05:39 AM
Paul Remde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I'm reading the online result correctly, it looks like Bill Elliott is
> ahead in the US 18m Nationals - flying the Jonker JS-1 Revelation. It is a
> very close race though and the contest is not over. But it is cool to see
> the underdog (the JS-1) doing well in Bill Elliott's very capable hands!

I am not sure the JS-1 is the underdog, but Elliott certainly is doing very well. It appears that the contest will be won by either him or DJ.

If Elliott does win, the JS-1 will have won all 3 of the National Championships it has entered (twice in South Africa and once in the US).
One wonders whether any other glider has ever had such a record when only a single example of the glider was entered in each contest.

Paul Remde
May 21st 08, 02:17 PM
Hig Greg,

Good point. But I think there were 2 JS-1s in the most recent South African
Nationals. Still the results are very impressive.

Paul Remde

"Greg Arnold" > wrote in message

> Paul Remde wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I'm reading the online result correctly, it looks like Bill Elliott is
>> ahead in the US 18m Nationals - flying the Jonker JS-1 Revelation. It is
>> a very close race though and the contest is not over. But it is cool to
>> see the underdog (the JS-1) doing well in Bill Elliott's very capable
>> hands!
>
> I am not sure the JS-1 is the underdog, but Elliott certainly is doing
> very well. It appears that the contest will be won by either him or DJ.
>
> If Elliott does win, the JS-1 will have won all 3 of the National
> Championships it has entered (twice in South Africa and once in the US).
> One wonders whether any other glider has ever had such a record when only
> a single example of the glider was entered in each contest.

May 21st 08, 04:37 PM
On May 20, 9:39 pm, Greg Arnold > wrote:
> Paul Remde wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > If I'm reading the online result correctly, it looks like Bill Elliott is
> > ahead in the US 18m Nationals - flying the Jonker JS-1 Revelation. It is a
> > very close race though and the contest is not over. But it is cool to see
> > the underdog (the JS-1) doing well in Bill Elliott's very capable hands!
>
> I am not sure the JS-1 is the underdog, but Elliott certainly is doing very well. It appears that the contest will be won by either him or DJ.
>
> If Elliott does win, the JS-1 will have won all 3 of the National Championships it has entered (twice in South Africa and once in the US).
> One wonders whether any other glider has ever had such a record when only a single example of the glider was entered in each contest.

Yes. The Diana & Diana 2.

Jacek

SoCalSoaring
May 21st 08, 06:01 PM
Paul Remde wrote:
> Hig Greg,
>
> Good point. But I think there were 2 JS-1s in the most recent South African
> Nationals.

You are right!

Still the results are very impressive.

> Paul Remde
>
> "Greg Arnold" > wrote in message
>> Paul Remde wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If I'm reading the online result correctly, it looks like Bill Elliott is
>>> ahead in the US 18m Nationals - flying the Jonker JS-1 Revelation. It is
>>> a very close race though and the contest is not over. But it is cool to
>>> see the underdog (the JS-1) doing well in Bill Elliott's very capable
>>> hands!
>> I am not sure the JS-1 is the underdog, but Elliott certainly is doing
>> very well. It appears that the contest will be won by either him or DJ.
>>
>> If Elliott does win, the JS-1 will have won all 3 of the National
>> Championships it has entered (twice in South Africa and once in the US).
>> One wonders whether any other glider has ever had such a record when only
>> a single example of the glider was entered in each contest.

Google