PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1965 Phoebus B1, good condition, must sell $7000 obo

Adam D
May 21st 08, 10:12 PM
For Immediate Sale in Wichita Falls, TX

1965 Phoebus B-1, S/N 715, N90857 $7000 Or Best Offer

I am the third owner of this lovely Phoebus, the second owner never
got to fly it due to health reasons and sold it to me. It spent all
but the last two years at the same gliderport in northern Germany and
was never a club ship. Originally built as an A model, it was
modified as a B model by the factory in the early 70's including the
later beefed-up landing gear mount. I bought it in 2005 and spent
about a year getting it ready for import to the US (instruments,
registration, etc). Always stored indoors, it is in great condition
structurally and the gelcoat is in fair condition. I'm in the
military and
have not been able to find the time to get it inspected and fly it
between
deployments, TDY's, etc. I have all of the maintenance records,
manuals, and documents since the day it left the factory (in german)
as well as an english language flight manual, export certificate of
airworthiness from LBA, and US registration. Specs are listed below.

1765 hours Total Time
857 starts
37:1 L/D ratio

Never damaged, only mentionable repair is a 7" diameter circle just
forward of the main wheel where there was some minor delamination
that was repaired by a german technician.

Gelcoat is overall fair condition with some age showing, especially on
the
wings. I gave it a polish and wet-sanded
off the old german registration numbers before shipping it to the US.

Canopy is in great shape but has two small cracks in the typical spots
that have been stop-drilled and filled.

O/H Tost tow hook installed approx 100 starts ago - 1900 remaining

New Autoflug 4 point harness installed in 2005.

Instruments installed:
Magnetic Compass
Newly O/H Altimeter (ft)
Newly O/H Winter Mech Vario
Newly O/H Winter Airspeed Indicator
Westerboer VW5KB audio variometer w/ speed to fly & indicator (m/s)
Dittel 720 channel radio w/ gooseneck mic (works great)
7 AH 12V battery

Trailer:
Lightweight enclosed trailer built by Eichmann in Germany (<1200kg
loaded) towed behind 2.8L BMW with ease.
- New Tires
- Rewired lights with 4-pin flat & turn signal relay box.
- Fair condition, exterior shows some age but is a solid
trailer. Has aluminum doors at front
and rear and is covered in a vinyl material for
watertightness.
- Tows very well, even with a 4-cyl compact through narrow
european streets.

Extras included:

- Tow out gear
- Wing wheel
- Tail wheel w/ towbar for standard hitch ball

- heavy-duty hangar dolly

- Full set of Covers
- Fuselage
- Cockpit
- Wings
- Tail

- Homemade metal sawhorse type wing stands.

- Battery Charger

This is a great deal for anyone interested, I haven't been in one
place for longer than four months in the last two years and have no
time for flying. If interested please email - adamdeem at hotmail dot
com and I'll email a couple photos as well as my full contact
information.

Adam D
May 25th 08, 09:39 PM
$6500, this is a great glider that doesn't need anything but
inspections. I'm moving and have no time to do anything with the
glider but sell it. Any reasonable offer will be considered.

contact me at adamdeem at hotmail dot com

Mike Kennedy
May 29th 08, 07:29 AM
Hello Adam,

Contact me about your Phoebus, I'm in California.

Thanks, Mike

Google