PDA

View Full Version : Asking Those Who Might Know 20080521_C-130 001a.jpg [3/3]

Lush Rimshot
May 22nd 08, 06:09 AM

John Szalay
May 22nd 08, 03:22 PM
"Lush Rimshot" > wrote in news:He7Zj.125$89.97
@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

AC-130

We also saw one doing rings around the Cape during Shuttle launches.
providing security along with the silver hueys flying low, working the area
bays beaches and waterways.

Was there anything going on in the area ? any event ?
or was there any undue police presence anywhere ?

Propwash Bucket
May 23rd 08, 05:05 AM
Nope. Nada. No Presidents, no Senators, no Rolling Stones, no Antomov
AN-124 flying out of Bush Interdimensional (although we see it from time to
time-it's great for ferrying relatively large and heavy oil drilling gear).
Neither the local TV news, nor local radio, nor the Houston Comical
(Chronicle) made any mention of the hubbub. Just an unusual occurrence of
the most lethal gunship aloft, complete with IR and synthetic radars and
engine heat suppressors, circling not very far from the second busiest port
in America. Go figure...

"John Szalay" > wrote in message
2...
> "Lush Rimshot" > wrote in news:He7Zj.125$89.97
> @nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:
>

> AC-130
>
> We also saw one doing rings around the Cape during Shuttle launches.
> providing security along with the silver hueys flying low, working the
> area
> bays beaches and waterways.
>
> Was there anything going on in the area ? any event ?
> or was there any undue police presence anywhere ?

John Szalay
May 23rd 08, 02:56 PM
"Propwash Bucket" > wrote in
Just
> an unusual occurrence of the most lethal gunship aloft, complete with
> IR and synthetic radars and engine heat suppressors, circling not very
> far from the second busiest port in America. Go figure...

That alone may be the reason, a busy seaport,

just the thought or hint of a threat of a small boat running loose
among the shipping could have brought a heightened state of readiness.

If you would have looked, there probably was a larger number of CG
small craft patrol boats as well..in the water ways..

There may have been not even a threat, may have been an excercise..

Google