PDA

View Full Version : BTW, Is this a Boomerang ?

Lush Rimshot
May 22nd 08, 06:40 AM
The big book of fighter aircraft on my coffee table suggests it's a
Boomerang, despite the American insignia. Though it's possible it's a
souped T-6, I have some doubts, and P-36 wing leading edges don't angle
back. Nothing helps like an extra pair of eyes.

Thanks, KB

JPaulV
May 22nd 08, 07:13 AM
"Lush Rimshot" > a écrit dans le message de

> The big book of fighter aircraft on my coffee table suggests it's a
> Boomerang, despite the American insignia. Though it's possible it's a
> souped T-6, I have some doubts, and P-36 wing leading edges don't
> angle back. Nothing helps like an extra pair of eyes.

NA-57 equipped with an engine NA-68 ?

--
Cordi@lement JPaulV

PVK
May 22nd 08, 07:30 AM
Looks like an early Curtiss to me. Definitely not a Boomerang, though.

Regards
Paul

"JPaulV" > wrote in message
> "Lush Rimshot" > a écrit dans le message de
>
>> The big book of fighter aircraft on my coffee table suggests it's a
>> Boomerang, despite the American insignia. Though it's possible it's a
>> souped T-6, I have some doubts, and P-36 wing leading edges don't
>> angle back. Nothing helps like an extra pair of eyes.
>
> NA-57 equipped with an engine NA-68 ?
>
> --
> Cordi@lement JPaulV

JPaulV
May 22nd 08, 07:47 AM
"PVK" > a écrit dans le message de news:

> Looks like an early Curtiss to me. Definitely not a Boomerang, though.

On the Curtiss, this is left.

--
Cordi@lement JPaulV

PVK
May 22nd 08, 08:19 AM
You're right. On further examination, its a Harvard / T-6 Texan conversion.
Looks a bit like a Hawk 75 though, which is where I got the Curtiss thing
from.

Regards

Paul

"JPaulV" > wrote in message
> "PVK" > a écrit dans le message de news:
>

>> Looks like an early Curtiss to me. Definitely not a Boomerang, though.
>
> On the Curtiss, this is left.
>
> --
> Cordi@lement JPaulV

Google