PDA

View Full Version : Pfalz D111

Glenn[_2_]
May 22nd 08, 11:41 AM

Alan Erskine[_3_]
May 22nd 08, 02:00 PM
"Glenn" > wrote in message

You know, in 90 years time, people are going to say "I can't believe they
actually flew something as flimsy as the F-15, F-16 and F/A-18 in combat" -
just as I found myself thinking of this plane now.

Stas
May 22nd 08, 08:27 PM
On Thu, 22 May 2008 13:00:46 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
> wrote:

>"Glenn" > wrote in message
>>

>You know, in 90 years time, people are going to say "I can't believe they
>actually flew something as flimsy as the F-15, F-16 and F/A-18 in combat" -
>just as I found myself thinking of this plane now.

Right.
And the photo is awesome.
Sometime I think I wish to live in those times, but then remembering
that there was no big telephoto lens, Nikon F5, color films, digital
cameras. It was challenging to do aviation photography.

JD Cooper
May 22nd 08, 09:07 PM
Alan Erskine wrote:

> "Glenn" > wrote in message
>

> You know, in 90 years time, people are going to say "I can't believe they
> actually flew something as flimsy as the F-15, F-16 and F/A-18 in combat" -
> just as I found myself thinking of this plane now.

shoot! the F15 is just about half that age now.

:-)

JD

Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF
May 22nd 08, 11:07 PM
Wow, a Pfalz DIII pulling vapour! ;p
What will Glenn find for us to devour next??

--
Jeff Cochrane
Innisfail
"Glenn" > wrote in message

Bob Harrington
May 23rd 08, 09:34 AM
JD Cooper > wrote in
:

> Alan Erskine wrote:
>
>> "Glenn" > wrote in message
>>

>> You know, in 90 years time, people are going to say "I can't believe
>> they actually flew something as flimsy as the F-15, F-16 and F/A-18
>> in combat" - just as I found myself thinking of this plane now.
>>

> shoot! the F15 is just about half that age now.

It's been 32 years since I saw my first Iggle, and then saw it again 28
years later.

Bob ^,,^

Greg Farr
May 24th 08, 07:01 AM
On Thu, 22 May 2008 10:41:53 GMT, "Glenn" >
wrote:

I had a problem with the gas around the craft, then read the reply
about pulling vapor and knew it was what I see on jets, but how can
such a slow plane make it? I guess the air just is thick enough, and
some surfaces produced fast enough air to make it, huh.

Greg
http://gregsplace.50megs.com

Google