PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy a 2-22

May 25th 08, 01:27 AM
Hi!
Maybe you know who has a 2-22 for sale-a friend of mine is looking for
an airworthy one or a project for grandkids.
201-893-0878, or email me.
Thanks,
Luke

May 25th 08, 01:41 AM
On May 24, 8:27 pm, wrote:
> Hi!
> Maybe you know who has a 2-22 for sale-a friend of mine is looking for
> an airworthy one or a project for grandkids.
> 201-893-0878, or email me.
> Thanks,
> Luke

Take two aspirin and post again in the morning.

kirk.stant
May 25th 08, 02:47 AM
On May 24, 5:41*pm, wrote:
> On May 24, 8:27 pm, wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > Maybe you know who has a 2-22 for sale-a friend of mine is looking for
> > an airworthy one or a project for grandkids.
> > 201-893-0878, or email me.
> > Thanks,
> > Luke
>
> Take two aspirin and post again in the morning.

Now now Dave, be nice...

Kirk

Aerowerk
May 25th 08, 03:19 AM
Try Les Schweizer:

www.klsoaring.com

He has a bunch of project aircraft, and I think one of them may be a
2-22.

-- Bryan

May 25th 08, 06:16 AM
On May 24, 7:41 pm, wrote:
> On May 24, 8:27 pm, wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > Maybe you know who has a 2-22 for sale-a friend of mine is looking for
> > an airworthy one or a project for grandkids.
> >201-893-0878, or email me.
> > Thanks,
> > Luke
>
> Take two aspirin and post again in the morning.

aw dave, just because the 2-22 is the only glider still flying with a
worse L/D than your tank :)

May 25th 08, 03:38 PM
On May 24, 8:27 pm, wrote:
> Hi!
> Maybe you know who has a 2-22 for sale-a friend of mine is looking for
> an airworthy one or a project for grandkids.
> 201-893-0878, or email me.
> Thanks,
> Luke

If you're going to go for low-cost, low-performance,
how about:
http://hartaero.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=14&Itemid=58
Anybody have personal experience with the
Turkey Buzzard training glider ?

Dan Silent[_2_]
May 26th 08, 01:14 PM
At 05:16 25 May 2008, wrote:
>On May 24, 7:41 pm, wrote:
>> On May 24, 8:27 pm, wrote:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> > Maybe you know who has a 2-22 for sale-a friend of mine is looking
for
>> > an airworthy one or a project for grandkids.
>> >201-893-0878, or email me.
>> > Thanks,
>> > Luke
>> Take two aspirin and post again in the morning.
>
>aw dave, just because the 2-22 is the only glider still flying with a
>worse L/D than your tank :)

A SOARING POET WROTE:

I got a private licence and flown approximatly 150 hours (Cessna and Piper
Warrior - no Katana in those days) before going to gliding. I began
training on a SGU-2-22. From the first flight I started hating it.

I remember that first flight. Since I had motorplane experience, I was
allowed to try the aerotow. Poorly seated on a very unconfortable plywood
panel (with a cushion of course), I remember that I have to push hard on
the stick to prevent that flying crayfish to nose up. And since the stick
was far away from my body, I rapidly had to push with my two hands before
becoming completly tired. From that moment, I understood why there was no
girls in the club. That glider was designed for G.I. Joe, not for ordinary
people.

The release was welcome - even if it sounded like a loud rifle shot. At
least I didn't have anymore to push that stick - and to me, a significant
pitch up moment could hardly be seen like a safety condition.

Next to release, the thing started going down, not really slowlier than a
Cessna 150 with idle engine. And flying just near 40 knots, the controls
were sluggish, worst than a Cessna 150 or a Piper Warrior. I then imagined
that there could have been conspiracy between Schweizer and Cessna. The
designer of the 2-22 might have been paid by Cessna to make glider so
horrifying that people won't go to soaring but to motorplanes. Or maybe
was it an old belief saying that you cannot learn if you have fun. Or
maybe another belief saying that heaven is next to purgatory.

After a short flight, it was time to land. To avoid landing short, you
have to keep sufficient height in landing circuit. But not too much to,
since you cannot rely on spoilers. Spoilers were just a little bit bigger
than a teaspoon and probably just contribute to less than 5 % of total
drag. So, sideslip was the way to go. Ouf ! The first time, some people
might get scary when the fuselage start to shake like an heavy piece of
cloth spinning in an unbalanced washing machine drum.

You definitly need to love flying to accept to be trained in a Schweizer.
To modern standard (like BLA-22), it would be impossible today to get
certification for such gliders.

Not everything is bad about 2-22 or 2-33. On those days when sudden rain
showers make you halt ground operation, a Schweizer can be used as an
umbrella for club members. Capacity exceed 30 people.

Dan Silent[_2_]
May 26th 08, 01:14 PM

A SOARING POET WROTE:

[...]

May 27th 08, 11:25 PM
Now that's funny! (and I have nothing against the venerable Schweizer).

Google