PDA

View Full Version : Vintage sailplane photos

Ron Gleason
May 29th 08, 03:30 PM
Over 1600 pictures in 74 different categories.

http://trade-a-glider.netfirms.com/picturepro/nfpicturepro/index.php

May 29th 08, 05:16 PM
On May 29, 7:30�am, Ron Gleason > wrote:
> Over 1600 pictures in 74 different categories.
>
> http://trade-a-glider.netfirms.com/picturepro/nfpicturepro/index.php

Cool Site Ron

Mike Ziaskas

Wayne Paul
May 29th 08, 05:29 PM
"Ron Gleason" > wrote in message
> Over 1600 pictures in 74 different categories.
>
> http://trade-a-glider.netfirms.com/picturepro/nfpicturepro/index.php

Ron,

It looks like you copied the pictures from other websites. Normally when
this is done the origin website is credited along with a link to the
website.

Wayne
HP14 "Six Foxtrot"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

sisu1a
May 29th 08, 06:01 PM
On May 29, 9:29 am, "Wayne Paul" > wrote:
> "Ron Gleason" > wrote in message

> > Over 1600 pictures in 74 different categories.
>
> >http://trade-a-glider.netfirms.com/picturepro/nfpicturepro/index.php
>
> Ron,
>
> It looks like you copied the pictures from other websites. Normally when
> this is done the origin website is credited along with a link to the
> website.
>
> Wayne
> HP14 "Six Foxtrot"http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

As far as I know, this site was set up and is maintained by rather
nice young fellow named Todd (last name currently escapes me), with
many contributions by Josh Knerr (VSA Western Vice Pres and Todd's
cohort) as well. A great deal of the newer pics are of their own hand
(with many published in mags, inc some covers). Some of the albums are
high res scans Todd made of slides that were originally shot by
Phillip I. Paul, whom he is currently employed by.

There are indeed lots of others that are captured from the web, but
there is a LOT of hard work behind this site none the less and it
continues to grow.

If anyone has any good picture contributions, they would probably be
welcome additions to this great glider pic site.

--Paul

May 29th 08, 07:30 PM
On May 29, 9:30*am, Ron Gleason > wrote:
> Over 1600 pictures in 74 different categories.
>
> http://trade-a-glider.netfirms.com/picturepro/nfpicturepro/index.php

AWESOME!

Bob Kuykendall
May 29th 08, 10:54 PM
On May 29, 10:01*am, sisu1a > wrote:

> There are indeed lots of others that are captured from the web...

I'm sure that's true.

But the Web isn't some huge anonymous machine. It is people, some of
whom have gone to great trouble to scan and post vintage photos. I
think that it is reasonable that their contribution should be
respected with credit where due.

Thanks, Bob K.

VinceC
May 30th 08, 09:29 AM
On May 29, 10:54*pm, Bob Kuykendall > wrote:
> On May 29, 10:01*am, sisu1a > wrote:
>
> > There are indeed lots of others that are captured from the web...
>
> I'm sure that's true.
>
> But the Web isn't some huge anonymous machine. It is people, some of
> whom have gone to great trouble to scan and post vintage photos. I
> think that it is reasonable that their contribution should be
> respected with credit where due.
>
> Thanks, Bob K.

I would like my website credited for a source of many of the images
and plans. What is sad is that the pictures were used, which I don.t
mind, but the documentation that went with them is not made available
to be read via a link.

VinceC
May 30th 08, 09:31 AM
I should have added my link to my last post

http://www.scalesoaring.co.uk/VINTAGE/Documentation/Documentation.html

Wayne Paul
May 30th 08, 02:19 PM
Like Vince stated, the captions and other documentation were lost when
photos were taken from other sites.

For the past ten years I have maintained a site dedicated to support
builders and owners of sailplanes designed by Dick Schreder.

The majority of the Schreder sailplane pictures came from my site.
(http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder)

I do hope the site continues to grow; however, captions are needed and the
courtesy of identifying the picture's source would also be nice.

"VinceC" > wrote in message
On May 29, 10:54 pm, Bob Kuykendall > wrote:
> On May 29, 10:01 am, sisu1a > wrote:
>
> > There are indeed lots of others that are captured from the web...
>
> I'm sure that's true.
>
> But the Web isn't some huge anonymous machine. It is people, some of
> whom have gone to great trouble to scan and post vintage photos. I
> think that it is reasonable that their contribution should be
> respected with credit where due.
>
> Thanks, Bob K.

I would like my website credited for a source of many of the images
and plans. What is sad is that the pictures were used, which I don.t
mind, but the documentation that went with them is not made available
to be read via a link.

Ron Gleason
May 30th 08, 06:47 PM
Wow! All I did was post a URL that was passed to me because I felt
many on this list would appreciate the images.

I have no involvement with the site, I have no idea who put the site
together (though it would not be hard to figure it out) and hope the
owner of the site has thick skin.

I will see if I can edit my original post and delete the URL as it is
obvious it is too controversial.

Time to go flying and the weekend in northern UT is looking awesome.

Ron Gleason

Ron Gleason
May 30th 08, 06:52 PM
I deleted the original post. If others want to edit/delete theirs so
the URL disappears they can do so.

Happy soaring

Ron Gleason

May 31st 08, 02:51 AM
On May 30, 10:52*am, Ron Gleason > wrote:
> I deleted the original post. *If others want to edit/delete theirs so
> the URL disappears they can do so.
>
> Happy soaring
>
> Ron Gleason

OK to all

This site is all my fault! I am Josh Knerr I fly out of Tehachapi CA.
i started the site with todds help because i had so many pictures on
my computer and i didn't want to loose them... so i figured i could
back them up on the web and it just turned into a good way to share
them with others.... while uploading pics i honestly couldn't remember
where i got most of them and was honestly too lazy to start surfing
the web to ident the source of 1000+ photos... sorry if this offended
anyone i do agree that you should get credit and more so would love
your help in building this collection of photos. there is a way to set
up a "user profile" where you can set up and post your own
category.... i am in the process with todd on figuring out how to add
a links section to the site for every sort of soaring link, including
yours, can be represented. also if you could help identify pictures
and there sources please do at . sorry for all
the conflict... we can fix it!

Josh

Google