PDA

View Full Version : USA-Region 5 North, Bermuda High

rlovinggood
June 6th 08, 12:48 AM
Glenn Holden is doing the scoring at the Sports Class and World Class
race going on right now at Bermuda High in South Carolina, and he's
getting the scores posted in what must be record time. He usually has
the scores posted between 1630 hrs and 1830 hrs on THE SAME DAY as the
race! No waiting and waiting and waiting. And waiting. How he is
able to assist with the morning meetings, fly the task as a
competitor, and get the scoring done before supper is served is either
the mark of a genius or the mark of a mad man! You may say that he
has a crew doing the glider prep. While he does have a son capable of
performing the task, I think Glenn is flying solo at this event. It's
all on him. (Maybe. To be confirmed.)

Should the scorer fly the contest as a contestant? He wasn't planning
on it, but had his arm twisted by the organizers so they would have
enough pilots in the class.

Oh yea, on Day 3, he landed out, but he still got back in time to do
the scores before supper.

Just look on the SSA webpage and you'll find them there.

For just a little cream on top, I see that he won Day 4 in his
HpH-304C.

The downside is he's so busy that he doesn't have time for making any
photographs. You'll note that nobody has posted any photos on the SSA
web page. If you missed any of his latest works, you can see them at:
http://gahsys.com/gallery/. Some of his photos were recently used by
AOPA on their e-newsletter.

Also, I would like to give out some kudos to the daily report writer,
Jay Campbell. He's flying a PW-5 in the contest and also making the
time to get out reports that give us a clue as to what is going on
there in the north central part of South Carolina. Thanks, Jay!

From my perspective of sitting in the office and not getting to fly
this contest, I can see the following are putting together a fun
contest:

CD: Richard Maleady
Scores: Glenn Holden
Weather: I understand its a team with Scott Fletcher e-mailing in the
info.
Reporter: Jay Campbell
Hosts: Jayne and Frank Reid

Hopefully, more of us can join in for their next contest!

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Google