PDA

View Full Version : Valid OLC log out of SN-10b

Jim Archer
June 11th 08, 06:43 AM
I cannot get a valid OLC flight out of my SN-10b. I purchased the glider a
few months ago, have flown a few flights and all are invalid on OLC.
Prior to download the SN-10 security routine runs and approves the file.
OLC tells me the file error message on his end says Signature Missmatch
and he believes that it is a software issue, recommending me to get the
original software that came with the SN-10, install it and try again.
Unfortunately I don't think I can do that, bought a used glider with the
SN-10 already installed.

All of the SN-10 data transfer utilities I'm using for the SN-10 I
downloaded off the internet, pasted it onto the club laptop that I use to
download. So my question is, does anyone have a similar experience with
their SN-10b? Is it possible that I need to download the software off the
internet onto the actual computer I use for downloading? Will loading the
software differently somehow help? Anything else that it might be?

Thanks for any help,

Kestrel #33 OZ (yes it flies again)

Paul Remde
June 11th 08, 12:39 PM
Hi Jim,

Check to see what firmware version the SN10b is running. If it is not
version 2.31 you can get a free upgrade here:
http://www.ilec-gmbh.com/software.htm

That is likely to fix the problem.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Jim Archer" > wrote in message
>I cannot get a valid OLC flight out of my SN-10b. I purchased the glider a
> few months ago, have flown a few flights and all are invalid on OLC.
> Prior to download the SN-10 security routine runs and approves the file.
> OLC tells me the file error message on his end says Signature Missmatch
> and he believes that it is a software issue, recommending me to get the
> original software that came with the SN-10, install it and try again.
> Unfortunately I don't think I can do that, bought a used glider with the
> SN-10 already installed.
>
> All of the SN-10 data transfer utilities I'm using for the SN-10 I
> downloaded off the internet, pasted it onto the club laptop that I use to
> download. So my question is, does anyone have a similar experience with
> their SN-10b? Is it possible that I need to download the software off the
> internet onto the actual computer I use for downloading? Will loading the
> software differently somehow help? Anything else that it might be?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Kestrel #33 OZ (yes it flies again)

Jim Archer
June 11th 08, 09:58 PM
Thanks Paul, I am in the middle of doing that right now, I was running
2.22...

At 11:39 11 June 2008, Paul Remde wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>
>Check to see what firmware version the SN10b is running. If it is not
>version 2.31 you can get a free upgrade here:
>http://www.ilec-gmbh.com/software.htm
>
>That is likely to fix the problem.
>
>Paul Remde
>Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
>http://www.cumulus-soaring.com
>
>"Jim Archer" wrote in message
>>I cannot get a valid OLC flight out of my SN-10b. I purchased the
glider
>> few months ago, have flown a few flights and all are invalid on OLC.
>> Prior to download the SN-10 security routine runs and approves the
file.
>> OLC tells me the file error message on his end says Signature
Missmatch
>> and he believes that it is a software issue, recommending me to get
the
>> original software that came with the SN-10, install it and try again.
>> Unfortunately I don't think I can do that, bought a used glider with
the
>> SN-10 already installed.
>>
>> All of the SN-10 data transfer utilities I'm using for the SN-10 I
>> downloaded off the internet, pasted it onto the club laptop that I use
>> download. So my question is, does anyone have a similar experience
with
>> their SN-10b? Is it possible that I need to download the software off
>the
>> internet onto the actual computer I use for downloading? Will loading
>the
>> software differently somehow help? Anything else that it might be?
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>>
>> Kestrel #33 OZ (yes it flies again)

Jim Archer
June 11th 08, 10:13 PM
Thanks Paul, I am in the middle of doing that right now, I was running
2.22...

At 11:39 11 June 2008, Paul Remde wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>
>Check to see what firmware version the SN10b is running. If it is not
>version 2.31 you can get a free upgrade here:
>http://www.ilec-gmbh.com/software.htm
>
>That is likely to fix the problem.
>
>Paul Remde
>Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
>http://www.cumulus-soaring.com
>
>"Jim Archer" wrote in message
>>I cannot get a valid OLC flight out of my SN-10b. I purchased the
glider
>> few months ago, have flown a few flights and all are invalid on OLC.
>> Prior to download the SN-10 security routine runs and approves the
file.
>> OLC tells me the file error message on his end says Signature
Missmatch
>> and he believes that it is a software issue, recommending me to get
the
>> original software that came with the SN-10, install it and try again.
>> Unfortunately I don't think I can do that, bought a used glider with
the
>> SN-10 already installed.
>>
>> All of the SN-10 data transfer utilities I'm using for the SN-10 I
>> downloaded off the internet, pasted it onto the club laptop that I use
>> download. So my question is, does anyone have a similar experience
with
>> their SN-10b? Is it possible that I need to download the software off
>the
>> internet onto the actual computer I use for downloading? Will loading
>the
>> software differently somehow help? Anything else that it might be?
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>>
>> Kestrel #33 OZ (yes it flies again)

June 11th 08, 11:46 PM
On Jun 11, 1:43 am, Jim Archer > wrote:
> I cannot get a valid OLC flight out of my SN-10b. I purchased the glider a
> few months ago, have flown a few flights and all are invalid on OLC.
> Prior to download the SN-10 security routine runs and approves the file.
> OLC tells me the file error message on his end says Signature Missmatch
> and he believes that it is a software issue, recommending me to get the
> original software that came with the SN-10, install it and try again.
> Unfortunately I don't think I can do that, bought a used glider with the
> SN-10 already installed.
>
> All of the SN-10 data transfer utilities I'm using for the SN-10 I
> downloaded off the internet, pasted it onto the club laptop that I use to
> download. So my question is, does anyone have a similar experience with
> their SN-10b? Is it possible that I need to download the software off the
> internet onto the actual computer I use for downloading? Will loading the
> software differently somehow help? Anything else that it might be?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Kestrel #33 OZ (yes it flies again)

The ILEC SN10 is not an IGC-approved secure logger,
so you will not get a "green smiley" on OLC for a log
produced by an ILEC SN10. The flights are not "invalid",
they are just at a "different security level". See:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/plainJsp.html?prefix_jsp=rules_olc
for an explanation.

If you are having a problem different than this, please
post (or contact me) a more precise discussion of the
issue you see...

Hope this helps,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

Google