PDA

View Full Version : Octave Chanute Museum Rantoul Illinois 9

Dallas[_2_]
June 15th 08, 12:41 AM

PVK
June 15th 08, 03:07 AM
Thanks Dallas. As a Brit, its great to see some of these less well known
American museums, and the pleasing treasures within. Lovely stuff !

Regards

Paul

"Dallas" > wrote in message

HiFlyer
June 15th 08, 02:44 PM
Is that a C-133 ?
HF

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:41:20 GMT, "Dallas"
> wrote:

Dallas[_2_]
June 16th 08, 03:47 AM
I dont have the original posts still on my isp so Im not sure which one was
which....

Dallas

"HiFlyer" > wrote in message
> Is that a C-133 ?
> HF
>

> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:41:20 GMT, "Dallas"
> > wrote:

Dallas[_2_]
June 16th 08, 03:48 AM
Thanks, Its been a few years since I ve been out there. Some of the birds
are in sad need of paint. Several are indoors being reworked. Dallas

"PVK" > wrote in message
> Thanks Dallas. As a Brit, its great to see some of these less well known
> American museums, and the pleasing treasures within. Lovely stuff !
>
> Regards
>
> Paul
>

> "Dallas" > wrote in message

Dallas[_2_]
June 16th 08, 07:51 AM
I went thru the images I posted and I believe there was a C133 that I
posted. Dallas

"Dallas" > wrote in message
>I dont have the original posts still on my isp so Im not sure which one was
>which....
>
> Dallas
>
> "HiFlyer" > wrote in message
>> Is that a C-133 ?
>> HF
>>

>> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:41:20 GMT, "Dallas"
>> > wrote:

HiFlyer
June 18th 08, 03:33 AM
Having gone out on searches for about 5 of the 15 or so that crashed
under unknown circumstances, I'm surprised there were any left for a
museum!! Douglas did not claim parenthood to that one!

They finally found out the cause and it was a path thru the test
circuit that drove the props to a fixed pitch (position) and flamed
out all four engines. With no electrical power, they couldn't even
send a MAYDAY. Once crewman finally survived a crash and they could
pinpoint the cause.

HF

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 06:51:30 GMT, "Dallas"
> wrote:

>I went thru the images I posted and I believe there was a C133 that I
>posted. Dallas
>
>"Dallas" > wrote in message
>>I dont have the original posts still on my isp so Im not sure which one was
>>which....
>>
>> Dallas
>>
>> "HiFlyer" > wrote in message
>>> Is that a C-133 ?
>>> HF
>>>

>>> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:41:20 GMT, "Dallas"

Google