PDA

View Full Version : "Boy who flew with Condors" now avaliable

June 17th 08, 08:19 PM
Just wanted to pass on to everyone who might be interested that the
Disney movie "Boy who flew with Condors" is now out on DVD. The
problem is that I think it is only avaliable online through the Disney
Movie Club. I orded a copy yesterday and I should have it in about a
week.

Alex

Paul Remde
June 18th 08, 02:31 AM
Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting that! I've been looking for that for years.

Fortunately I have 3 young kids, so joining the Disney Movie Club is not a
big deal for me.

After I get my copy and if the quality is good, maybe I'll have to buy a
batch to sell from my web site.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

> wrote in message
> Just wanted to pass on to everyone who might be interested that the
> Disney movie "Boy who flew with Condors" is now out on DVD. The
> problem is that I think it is only avaliable online through the Disney
> Movie Club. I orded a copy yesterday and I should have it in about a
> week.
>
> Alex

Paul Remde
June 18th 08, 03:25 AM
Hi,

I just couldn't resist - after joining the Disney Movie Club I bought a
batch of the film for sale on my web site. I charge a bit more, but you
don't have to join the Disney Movie Club to buy it from my store. I expect
them to arrive in a week or 2.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/videos.htm#BoyWhoFlewWithCondors

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Paul Remde" > wrote in message
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for posting that! I've been looking for that for years.
>
> Fortunately I have 3 young kids, so joining the Disney Movie Club is not a
> big deal for me.
>
> After I get my copy and if the quality is good, maybe I'll have to buy a
> batch to sell from my web site.
>
> Good Soaring,
>
> Paul Remde
>

> > wrote in message
>> Just wanted to pass on to everyone who might be interested that the
>> Disney movie "Boy who flew with Condors" is now out on DVD. The
>> problem is that I think it is only avaliable online through the Disney
>> Movie Club. I orded a copy yesterday and I should have it in about a
>> week.
>>
>> Alex

John H. Campbell
June 19th 08, 11:58 PM
> I just couldn't resist - after joining the Disney Movie Club I bought a
> batch of the film for sale on my web site...

Wonderful. Did you see any sign of any other Disney titles with gliders
in them, of which I think the only ones may be "Goofy's Glider" (1940)
and The Sky Trap (1979, WWOW TV, s/ Jim Hutton).

--JHC

P.S. I thought "Wind", "Ron Howard's Skyward", and "Nancy Drew
mysteries" were Disney productions, but I think not.

Paul Remde
June 20th 08, 01:30 AM
Hi John,

I just did a search on all the titles below and they were not found on the
Disney Video Club site.

A few years ago I bought a DVD copy of Skyward from a source that did not
appear reputable. It was obviously a copy from a video made using home
equipment and no case, etc. It was of pretty good quality though. It's a
sappy movie, but I like all the glider and biplane scenes. You can see
Derek Piggott as the glider instructor if you look closely.

Paul Remde

"John H. Campbell" <jhpc@greeleynet-dot-com> wrote in message
>> I just couldn't resist - after joining the Disney Movie Club I bought a
>> batch of the film for sale on my web site...
>
> Wonderful. Did you see any sign of any other Disney titles with gliders
> in them, of which I think the only ones may be "Goofy's Glider" (1940) and
> The Sky Trap (1979, WWOW TV, s/ Jim Hutton).
>
> --JHC
>
> P.S. I thought "Wind", "Ron Howard's Skyward", and "Nancy Drew mysteries"
> were Disney productions, but I think not.

KevinFinke
June 20th 08, 05:19 AM
I remember a one hour TV show from the late 70's early 80's about a
boy in a glider. It seemed to be a Grob Single Seat Astir. He and a
girl drove around with the glider in tow behind a red pickup, and then
she would give him an automobile launch off a desert lake bed. I
thought it was on the Sunday night Disney show. Is that title "The Sky
Trap?" Does anyone else remember such a show? Any clue what the title
was?

Also, is "Skyward" the film with the young girl in a wheel chair, and
Bette Davis is the cranky flight instructor? I think we watched that
film in School...

-Kevin

Paul Remde
June 20th 08, 12:24 PM
Hi Kevin,

I don't know anything about "The Sky Trap", but a Google search found:
http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/129031/The-Sky-Trap/overview
"In this suspenseful drama an adolescent glider pilot and his assistant are
falsely accused of smuggling drugs by the Hawk's evil henchman. Naturally it
is the enigmatic Hawk who is behind it all. "
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348049/plotsummary
"Plane crash. A cargo of illegal narcotics. And the mysterious disappearance
of an infamous drug smuggler called "The Hawk." The stage is set for a
dangerous cat and mouse game as young Grant Stone (Marc McClure) stumbles
into "The Hawk's" domain. Grant and his girlfriend (Kitty Ruth) become the
targets of a pair of bloodthirsty smugglers on the ground... and in the sky
where "The Hawk" is ready to swoop!"

Skyward by Ron Howard is the one you mentioned below. It is mainly about a
teenage girl in a wheelchair learning to fly in a Christen Eagle (not
recommended for new pilots...) and has a few scenes showing gliders. She is
drawn to the airport by a pair of Schweizer 2-32s flying in formation and
landing at the local airport. She later gets a ride in one of them.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081526/plotsummary
"An aging Bette Davis is a flight instructor at an old Texas airport. When a
young girl in a wheelchair finds the airport by watching gliders fly, she
decides she wants to learn how to fly. Davis teaches her to fly with some
special controls compensating for her handicap. Howard Hessman is a aircraft
repair service trying desperately to get an old airplane back in the air.
The three, together, put the young girl and the old plane up in the air."

I have Skyward on a copyable DVD... I think. It's not a perfect copy
though.

Paul Remde

"KevinFinke" > wrote in message
>I remember a one hour TV show from the late 70's early 80's about a
> boy in a glider. It seemed to be a Grob Single Seat Astir. He and a
> girl drove around with the glider in tow behind a red pickup, and then
> she would give him an automobile launch off a desert lake bed. I
> thought it was on the Sunday night Disney show. Is that title "The Sky
> Trap?" Does anyone else remember such a show? Any clue what the title
> was?
>
> Also, is "Skyward" the film with the young girl in a wheel chair, and
> Bette Davis is the cranky flight instructor? I think we watched that
> film in School...
>
> -Kevin

Google