PDA

View Full Version : Glider on Final Approach - TRK

Ned Edwards
June 24th 08, 04:45 AM
Thanks to the folks at Soar Truckee (TRK, Truckee, California), got this
photo of my wife on final during her glider intro lesson. Check them out if
you're ever in the Lake Tahoe area for an intoductory lesson or just a
scenic joy ride.

Wayne Paul
June 24th 08, 05:18 AM
"Ned Edwards" > wrote in message
m...
> Thanks to the folks at Soar Truckee (TRK, Truckee, California), got this
> photo of my wife on final during her glider intro lesson. Check them out
> if
> you're ever in the Lake Tahoe area for an intoductory lesson or just a
> scenic joy ride.

Glider on final - Mackay, Idaho

Ned Edwards
June 24th 08, 05:22 AM
Nice. . . quite a bit more fancy than what I was flying, but then again, it
was a just a trainer.

"Wayne Paul" > wrote in message

> "Ned Edwards" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Thanks to the folks at Soar Truckee (TRK, Truckee, California), got this
>> photo of my wife on final during her glider intro lesson. Check them out
>> if
>> you're ever in the Lake Tahoe area for an intoductory lesson or just a
>> scenic joy ride.
>>

> Glider on final - Mackay, Idaho

Wayne Paul
June 24th 08, 05:32 AM
"Ned Edwards" > wrote in message
m...
> Nice. . . quite a bit more fancy than what I was flying, but then again,
> it
> was a just a trainer.

It is a Schreder HP14 40:1 glider ratio all metal sailplane designed in 1964
and cost me less then 1/2 the price of the 2-33 you were flying.

Notice the altimeter.

Hans Holbein
June 24th 08, 05:12 PM
Wayne Paul schrieb:
> "Ned Edwards" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Nice. . . quite a bit more fancy than what I was flying, but then again,
>> it
>> was a just a trainer.
>>

> It is a Schreder HP14 40:1 glider ratio all metal sailplane designed in 1964
> and cost me less then 1/2 the price of the 2-33 you were flying.
>
> Notice the altimeter.

Note the bycicle grip.

Wayne Paul
June 24th 08, 06:13 PM
"Hans Holbein" > wrote in message
> Wayne Paul schrieb:
>> "Ned Edwards" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> Nice. . . quite a bit more fancy than what I was flying, but then again,
>>> it
>>> was a just a trainer.
>>>

>> It is a Schreder HP14 40:1 glider ratio all metal sailplane designed in
>> 1964
>> and cost me less then 1/2 the price of the 2-33 you were flying.
>>
>> Notice the altimeter.
>>
> Note the bycicle grip.

....and the bicycle hand brake lever used to actuate the hydraulic disk brake
master cylinder. The Wright brothers used bicycle technology, so why
shouldn't I use it on my homebuilt Schreder sailplane.

Wayne
HP14 "Six Foxtrot"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Google