PDA

View Full Version : Region 8 USA Soaring Contest

Roy Clark, \B6\
June 24th 08, 07:55 PM
Yesterday was cancelled after 2 grid reschedules, hoping the heavy
cirrus would pass or break-up. Neither happened. It looked so bad
our sniffer, would not even waste his time with a free tow.

Today looks much better.
Grid at noon.
Sports Class 3.5 hr. MAT with # 29 Niles Corner, then #45 Wilbur, then
your pick(s).
15M 3.5 hr. TAT with #4 Anderson (20 mi. radius), #14 Davenport (20
mi.) and #10 Chelan (30 mi.)

Last night, Becky, Mike and the Newguard kids hosted a Seattle Glider
Council Foundation BBQ. Good food, great friends, cold keg.

Nelson Funston is up and walking and is our Contest Scorer. 2F (E.C.
Welch) is here for a few days and Klaus Auerbach was here yesterday;
he got to see 5K and meet the current owner.

Brian[_1_]
June 25th 08, 12:52 AM
On Jun 24, 12:55*pm, "Roy Clark, \"B6\"" > wrote:
> Yesterday was cancelled after 2 grid reschedules, hoping the heavy
> cirrus would pass or break-up. *Neither happened. *It looked so bad
> our sniffer, would not even waste his time with a free tow.
>
> Today looks much better.
> Grid at noon.
> Sports Class 3.5 hr. MAT with # 29 Niles Corner, then #45 Wilbur, then
> your pick(s).
> 15M 3.5 hr. TAT with #4 Anderson (20 mi. radius), #14 Davenport (20
> mi.) and #10 Chelan (30 mi.)
>
> Last night, Becky, Mike and the Newguard kids hosted a Seattle Glider
> Council Foundation BBQ. Good food, great friends, cold keg.
>
> Nelson Funston is up and walking and is our Contest Scorer. 2F (E.C.
> Welch) is here for a few days and Klaus Auerbach was here yesterday;
> he got to see 5K and meet the current owner.

Thanks for the update, wish I were there.

Brian Case V6

June 25th 08, 02:31 AM
On Jun 24, 1:55*pm, "Roy Clark, \"B6\"" > wrote:
> Yesterday was cancelled after 2 grid reschedules, hoping the heavy
> cirrus would pass or break-up. *Neither happened. *It looked so bad
> our sniffer, would not even waste his time with a free tow.
>
> Today looks much better.
> Grid at noon.
> Sports Class 3.5 hr. MAT with # 29 Niles Corner, then #45 Wilbur, then
> your pick(s).
> 15M 3.5 hr. TAT with #4 Anderson (20 mi. radius), #14 Davenport (20
> mi.) and #10 Chelan (30 mi.)
>
> Last night, Becky, Mike and the Newguard kids hosted a Seattle Glider
> Council Foundation BBQ. Good food, great friends, cold keg.
>
> Nelson Funston is up and walking and is our Contest Scorer. 2F (E.C.
> Welch) is here for a few days and Klaus Auerbach was here yesterday;
> he got to see 5K and meet the current owner.

Glad to see that Nelson is recovering. Would be fun to fly in another
Sports Class at Ephrata but have moved to Texas. L. Wyman

Roy Clark, \B6\
June 25th 08, 06:20 AM
On Jun 24, 6:31*pm, wrote:
> On Jun 24, 1:55*pm, "Roy Clark, \"B6\"" > wrote:

Day 1 Update - see SSA website for official results.

3M landed avec les vaches near Wilbur; 1Idaho landed at Wilbur, but on
the aerotow home the towrope separated.
Tom and towpilot worked together; both landed at Coulee City for an
2nd aerotow takeoff with safe arrival home.
BTW, Tom used his JJ wing wheel - towpilot told me it worked great
both times.

Sports class all made it home - including a PW5.

Brian, we miss you and your family. Nelson seems to be mastering the
scoring program and refining his cussing at the same tine.

Lynn, haven't renewed my rattlesnake fishing license yet, but hear at
the local watering hole that there are some real lunkers out there
this year.

Gary Boggs
June 25th 08, 04:01 PM
Is there another rattlesnake fishing video in the works?

The last one was one of the funniest things I've ever seen...
Is it available on the internet anywhere?

Gary Boggs

> Lynn, haven't renewed my rattlesnake fishing license yet, but hear at
> the local watering hole that there are some real lunkers out there
> this year.

Google