PDA

View Full Version : Planes&Things - File 05 of 12 - B-2A.jpg (1/1)

Troy24
June 30th 08, 03:00 AM

Bruce R
July 1st 08, 01:26 AM
I never knew the B2 Spirit fleet was named after cities..............

Bruce

"Troy24" > wrote in message
3...

Ron Monroe
July 1st 08, 05:32 PM
I think I remember someone saying that each city had a major contribution to
the program, but I don't have all of the names, and don't remember anyone
mentioning Pico Riviera, or Palmdale (where the plane was assembled). For a
while, the company gave out pictures of each one as it was delivered, with a
mention of the city, but, for some reason, I only have about 7 of them.
Ron

"Bruce R" > wrote in message
g.com...
>I never knew the B2 Spirit fleet was named after cities..............
>

> Bruce
>

> "Troy24" > wrote in message
> 3...

John Szalay
July 1st 08, 08:13 PM
"Bruce R" > wrote in news:4869795b$0$7816
:

> I never knew the B2 Spirit fleet was named after cities..............
>

> Bruce

Last time I looked, New York was a state, as well as a city too .

Bob Harrington
July 1st 08, 11:44 PM
John Szalay > wrote in
42:

> "Bruce R" > wrote in news:4869795b$0$7816
> :
>
>> I never knew the B2 Spirit fleet was named after cities..............
>>

>> Bruce
>>

> Last time I looked, New York was a state, as well as a city too .

And the 'Spirit of Washington' was named after the state, not the ciddy.

Most are named for states, there's a list about 2/3 down this page:

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bomber/b-2.htm

John Szalay
July 2nd 08, 07:39 PM
Bob Harrington > wrote in n
> Most are named for states, there's a list about 2/3 down this page:
>
> http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bomber/b-2.htm

Yep except now the list is one less..

Spirit of Kansas 89-0127 was written off after crashing
in Guam..

Google