PDA

View Full Version : Thing that go BOOM - File 08 of 25 - d21_4.jpg (1/1)

Troy[_2_]
July 4th 08, 12:51 AM

Jack G[_2_]
July 4th 08, 01:12 AM
Wasn't this a reconnaissance vehicle - not a bomb?

Jack G.

"Troy" > wrote in message
3...

Maple1
July 4th 08, 01:45 AM
Jack G wrote:
> Wasn't this a reconnaissance vehicle - not a bomb?
>
> Jack G.
>
> "Troy" > wrote in message
> 3...

Yes it is sitting on top of a Blackbird. But man look at the damage.

Waldo.Pepper[_2_]
July 4th 08, 03:36 AM
I thought the same, but then I thought that perhaps he meant boom as
in sonic boom for these D-21's.

Waldo.

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 00:45:07 GMT, Maple1 > wrote:

>Jack G wrote:
>> Wasn't this a reconnaissance vehicle - not a bomb?
>>
>> Jack G.
>>
>> "Troy" > wrote in message
>> 3...
>>

>Yes it is sitting on top of a Blackbird. But man look at the damage.

Jack G[_2_]
July 4th 08, 04:30 AM
Yea - but everything else in this series (very interesting posts by the way)
is a bomb.. Carrier aircraft is an M-12 by the way.

Any ideas about what this thing ran into to get beat up so bad?
Jack G.

"Waldo.Pepper" > wrote in message
>I thought the same, but then I thought that perhaps he meant boom as
> in sonic boom for these D-21's.
>
> Waldo.
>
> On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 00:45:07 GMT, Maple1 > wrote:
>
>>Jack G wrote:
>>> Wasn't this a reconnaissance vehicle - not a bomb?
>>>
>>> Jack G.
>>>
>>> "Troy" > wrote in message
>>> 3...
>>>

>>Yes it is sitting on top of a Blackbird. But man look at the damage.

Hans Holbein
July 4th 08, 07:46 AM
Jack G schrieb:
> Yea - but everything else in this series (very interesting posts by the way)
> is a bomb.. Carrier aircraft is an M-12 by the way.
>
> Any ideas about what this thing ran into to get beat up so bad?
> Jack G.

Shock waves of the carriers nose probably.

Jack G[_2_]
July 4th 08, 08:03 AM
D-21 was carried at the extreme rear of the M-12 - well out of nose shock
wave territory - I think....

Jack

"Hans Holbein" > wrote in message
> Jack G schrieb:
>> Yea - but everything else in this series (very interesting posts by the
>> way)
>> is a bomb.. Carrier aircraft is an M-12 by the way.
>>
>> Any ideas about what this thing ran into to get beat up so bad?
>> Jack G.
>>

> Shock waves of the carriers nose probably.

Proton Fox
July 5th 08, 09:58 PM
Troy > wrote in news:Xns9AD0CAAAD1996troy242TROY24COM@
208.49.80.253:

> Attachment decoded: d21_4.jpg

What tore up this D-21's chines?

Bruce R
July 7th 08, 01:23 PM
Attacked by Gremlins in flight????

Bruce

"Troy" > wrote in message
3...

Lear-1
July 9th 08, 02:33 AM
Hans Holbein wrote:

> Jack G schrieb:
>
>>Yea - but everything else in this series (very interesting posts by the way)
>>is a bomb.. Carrier aircraft is an M-12 by the way.
>>
>>Any ideas about what this thing ran into to get beat up so bad?
>>Jack G.
>>

> Shock waves of the carriers nose probably.

Wasn't the aircraft an A-12 not M-12, the for runner of the RS-71 Before
Johnson called them a SR-71 by mistake in a speech.

Jack G[_2_]
July 9th 08, 03:00 AM
The drone carrier was specifically designated M-12.

Many references - including the one on display at the Museum of Flight in
Seattle. Do a Google.

Jack G.

"Lear-1" > wrote in message
> Hans Holbein wrote:
>
>> Jack G schrieb:
>>
>>>Yea - but everything else in this series (very interesting posts by the
>>>way) is a bomb.. Carrier aircraft is an M-12 by the way.
>>>
>>>Any ideas about what this thing ran into to get beat up so bad?
>>>Jack G.
>>>

>> Shock waves of the carriers nose probably.
>
> Wasn't the aircraft an A-12 not M-12, the for runner of the RS-71 Before
> Johnson called them a SR-71 by mistake in a speech.

Bob Harrington
July 9th 08, 07:12 AM
"Jack G" > wrote in
:

> The drone carrier was specifically designated M-12.
>
> Many references - including the one on display at the Museum of Flight
> in Seattle. Do a Google.
>
> Jack G.

Ackshirley - it's the M-21...

http://www.museumofflight.org/Collection/Aircraft.asp?RecordKey=28077E43-