"Jim Morris" > wrote in message
. ..
> Server problems
>
> --
> Jim Morris

Oh! Is that what you were on about?

Jim Morris[_4_]
July 5th 08, 10:19 PM
Yeah. Been awhile. New computer and figuring out Windows Mail for
Usenet-news.net was troublesome.
I retired from trucking last week and don't plan to do much but learn how to
better use my Canons so I don't have to repost from the great ones here.

--
Jim Morris
"Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> "Jim Morris" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Server problems
>>
>> --
>> Jim Morris
>
> Oh! Is that what you were on about?

Alan Erskine[_3_]
July 6th 08, 06:52 AM
"Jim Morris" > wrote in message
> Yeah. Been awhile. New computer and figuring out Windows Mail for
> Usenet-news.net was troublesome.
> I retired from trucking last week and don't plan to do much but learn how
> better use my Canons so I don't have to repost from the great ones here.

Had noticed you were MIA - thought it might be due to a couple of ISP's in
America giving groups the heave-hoe. Then, when you posted the s.h.i.t bit,
I thought it might have been about the yEnc discussion.

Bob Harrington
July 6th 08, 10:50 AM
"Jim Morris" > wrote in
:

> Yeah. Been awhile. New computer and figuring out Windows Mail for
> Usenet-news.net was troublesome.
> I retired from trucking last week and don't plan to do much but learn
> how to better use my Canons so I don't have to repost from the great
> ones here.

<blush> I'm gonna need a bigger hat...

Jim Morris[_4_]
July 6th 08, 11:25 AM
> Had noticed you were MIA - thought it might be due to a couple of ISP's in
> America giving groups the heave-hoe. Then, when you posted the s.h.i.t
> bit, I thought it might have been about the yEnc discussion.

The yEnc discussions are pointless, to me. I don't like yEnc but did
download a yEnc reader.
Just that in the 7 years I have been here there have been so many numerous
yEnc discussions they have become a dead issue.
Us, the regulars, don't like them but the new members and visitors seem to.
When a thread goes on forever about the subject, it just becomes so much
s.h.i.t.

Jim Morris

Jim Morris[_4_]
July 6th 08, 11:39 AM
> <blush> I'm gonna need a bigger hat...

Bob, you replied to me one time that I must have most everythig you have
posted and then some.
Your folder on my HDD exceeds 1.7 gigs.
Remember Chris Smallenburg and Dave Stewart (Biggles)? And so many more that
posted here on a regular basis?
Then there is Glenn Alderton and Dale (Legend of Lax) and so many others we
don't see anymore.
There is so much that has changed here, some for the good and some just
total BS but at least we never stooped to the policical snipping that
ABPM did. We always posted pics. Mitchel Holman and his photography and his
web grabs that he posts in topics are always a delight to see.
Alan Erskin, Dave Kearton, and those 2 gents in Florida and so many others
contribute to this group is so many ways. Others are a distraction.
5:30 am ramblings..sorry

Jim Morris

Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]
July 6th 08, 05:28 PM
Jim Morris wrote:

>> <blush> I'm gonna need a bigger hat...
>

> Bob, you replied to me one time that I must have most everythig you have
> posted and then some.
> Your folder on my HDD exceeds 1.7 gigs.
> Remember Chris Smallenburg and Dave Stewart (Biggles)? And so many more
> that posted here on a regular basis?
> Then there is Glenn Alderton and Dale (Legend of Lax) and so many others
> we don't see anymore.

Glenn is still around but is traveling in the US for the next few weeks.

JT

Jim Morris[_4_]
July 6th 08, 06:34 PM
-- > Glenn is still around but is traveling in the US for the next few
weeks.

Yeah, I know.
Thanks,

Jim

Jim Morris[_4_]
July 6th 08, 06:35 PM
-- > Glenn is still around but is traveling in the US for the next few
weeks.

Yeah, I know.
Thanks,

Jim

Eric
July 6th 08, 08:51 PM
Well said, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

"Jim Morris" > wrote in message
. ..

>> Had noticed you were MIA - thought it might be due to a couple of ISP's
>> in
>> America giving groups the heave-hoe. Then, when you posted the s.h.i.t
>> bit, I thought it might have been about the yEnc discussion.
>
> The yEnc discussions are pointless, to me. I don't like yEnc but did
> download a yEnc reader.
> Just that in the 7 years I have been here there have been so many numerous
> yEnc discussions they have become a dead issue.
> Us, the regulars, don't like them but the new members and visitors seem
> to.
> When a thread goes on forever about the subject, it just becomes so much
> s.h.i.t.
>
> Jim Morris

Bob Harrington
July 7th 08, 09:43 AM
"Jim Morris" > wrote in
:

>> <blush> I'm gonna need a bigger hat...
>

> Bob, you replied to me one time that I must have most everythig you
> have posted and then some.
> Your folder on my HDD exceeds 1.7 gigs.

Bloody 'ell! And I have been sorrowfully lax in posting of late. Must fill
Jim's hard drive...

> Remember Chris Smallenburg and Dave Stewart (Biggles)? And so many
> more that posted here on a regular basis?
> Then there is Glenn Alderton and Dale (Legend of Lax) and so many
> others we don't see anymore.

Dale posts when he can, and it's always a treat! I do miss the others...

> There is so much that has changed here, some for the good and some
> just total BS but at least we never stooped to the policical snipping
> that ABPM did. We always posted pics. Mitchel Holman and his
> photography and his web grabs that he posts in topics are always a
> delight to see. Alan Erskin, Dave Kearton, and those 2 gents in
> Florida and so many others contribute to this group is so many ways.
> Others are a distraction. 5:30 am ramblings..sorry

Barely 1:30am here, but I always ramble. We have done a very good job of
keeping this group civil (well, not counting the y**c thing, anyhoo);
Mitchell and I do our ranting in more appropriate groups.

There are some very talented folks here, and it's seldom an boring visit!

Bob ^,,^

Google