PDA

View Full Version : Kitplanes blog shuts down

Jim Logajan
August 23rd 08, 04:36 AM
That "experiment" didn't seem to find the lift its builders expected:

http://www.kitplanesmag.blogspot.com/

Too bad - not sure if it was a lack of traffic (inadequate marketing) or
simply too much of a drain of their finite time relative to what they
thought they thought they were gaining.

Steve Hix
August 23rd 08, 07:04 AM
In article >,
Jim Logajan > wrote:

> That "experiment" didn't seem to find the lift its builders expected:
>
> http://www.kitplanesmag.blogspot.com/
>
> Too bad - not sure if it was a lack of traffic (inadequate marketing) or
> simply too much of a drain of their finite time relative to what they
> thought they thought they were gaining.

They (blogs) are more work than they appear from outside, and the
Kitplanes blog wasn't putting out new content often enough to catch
readers.

It's like trying to develop/market/sell a new product on the cheap;
happens to small businesses all the time. And they fail all the time in
similar fashion.

Lou
August 23rd 08, 06:34 PM
I've been a subscriber to Kitplanes for years and this
is the first I've heard of this blog. Hey maybe thats why
it failed.
Lou

Matt Whiting
August 24th 08, 01:41 PM
Lou wrote:
> I've been a subscriber to Kitplanes for years and this
> is the first I've heard of this blog. Hey maybe thats why
> it failed.
> Lou

Same here. I don't recall ever seeing in mentioned in the magazine.
Probably hidden in a corner somewhere.

Matt

Stuart & Kathryn Fields
August 24th 08, 04:44 PM
"Lou" > wrote in message
> I've been a subscriber to Kitplanes for years and this
> is the first I've heard of this blog. Hey maybe thats why
> it failed.
> Lou
Same here and we talk to the Kitplane people at all the airshows that we
both attend. Wonder why it wasn't advertised better?

October 4th 08, 02:16 AM
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:36:57 -0500, Jim Logajan >
wrote:

>That "experiment" didn't seem to find the lift its builders expected:
>
>http://www.kitplanesmag.blogspot.com/
>
>Too bad - not sure if it was a lack of traffic (inadequate marketing) or
>simply too much of a drain of their finite time relative to what they
>thought they thought they were gaining.

This is the first I'd heard of it, but you might notice the date
difference between the original post and this post.
Roger (K8RI) ARRL Life Member
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Morgans[_2_]
October 4th 08, 04:32 AM
> wrote

> This is the first I'd heard of it, but you might notice the date
> difference between the original post and this post.
> Roger

I really liked it, and wish they had given it another chance, with better
publicity. I think it might have done well, if it were put "out there."
--
Jim in NC

Lou
October 5th 08, 08:21 PM
On Oct 3, 10:32 pm, "Morgans" > wrote:
> > wrote
>
> > This is the first I'd heard of it, but you might notice the date
> > difference between the original post and this post.
> > Roger
>
> I really liked it, and wish they had given it another chance, with better
> publicity. I think it might have done well, if it were put "out there."
> --
> Jim in NC

It says I have to be invited. I guess I'm out.
Lou

Google