PDA

View Full Version : Weather Radar tracks car

john smith
August 29th 08, 11:35 PM
I came across this while looking up weather radar scales

http://njection.com/blogs/jalopnik/archive/2008/08/12/weather-radar-picks
-up-car-doing-130-mph-offbeat-news.aspx

Mike[_22_]
August 30th 08, 12:22 AM
"John Smith" > wrote in message
>I came across this while looking up weather radar scales
>
> http://njection.com/blogs/jalopnik/archive/2008/08/12/weather-radar-picks
> -up-car-doing-130-mph-offbeat-news.aspx

ATC radar will pick up cars as well. Modern radars have the ability to map
out such unwanted returns. It appears as if the weather radar in question
hasn't been properly optimized.

john smith
August 30th 08, 01:22 AM
In article <Tw%tk.43$jE1.4@trnddc03>, "Mike" >
wrote:

> "John Smith" > wrote in message
> >I came across this while looking up weather radar scales
> >
> > http://njection.com/blogs/jalopnik/archive/2008/08/12/weather-radar-picks
> > -up-car-doing-130-mph-offbeat-news.aspx
>
> ATC radar will pick up cars as well. Modern radars have the ability to map
> out such unwanted returns. It appears as if the weather radar in question
> hasn't been properly optimized.

So, are you saying the car wasn't doing 130 mph as the article indicates?

August 30th 08, 01:37 AM
On Aug 29, 7:22 pm, John Smith > wrote:
> In article <Tw%tk.43$jE1.4@trnddc03>, "Mike" >
> wrote:
>
> > "John Smith" > wrote in message
> > >I came across this while looking up weather radar scales
>
> > >http://njection.com/blogs/jalopnik/archive/2008/08/12/weather-radar-p...
> > > -up-car-doing-130-mph-offbeat-news.aspx
>
> > ATC radar will pick up cars as well. Modern radars have the ability to map
> > out such unwanted returns. It appears as if the weather radar in question
> > hasn't been properly optimized.
>
> So, are you saying the car wasn't doing 130 mph as the article indicates?

Perhaps as much as you're saying you don't possess even rudimentary
reading skills by asking him a question that was in no way implied by
his reply.

Radar optimization would 'teach' the radar which returns are to be
ignoredi .e., a return at such and such azimuth and speed is to be
tracked or not.

And whats the big deal about 130? My old 750 Suzi would do that and
did a couple of times.

Mike[_22_]
August 30th 08, 01:58 AM
"John Smith" > wrote in message
> In article <Tw%tk.43$jE1.4@trnddc03>, "Mike" >
> wrote:
>
>> "John Smith" > wrote in message
>> >I came across this while looking up weather radar scales
>> >
>> > http://njection.com/blogs/jalopnik/archive/2008/08/12/weather-radar-picks
>> > -up-car-doing-130-mph-offbeat-news.aspx
>>
>> ATC radar will pick up cars as well. Modern radars have the ability to
>> map
>> out such unwanted returns. It appears as if the weather radar in
>> question
>> hasn't been properly optimized.
>
> So, are you saying the car wasn't doing 130 mph as the article indicates?

I didn't say either way.

Mxsmanic
August 30th 08, 04:28 AM
John Smith writes:

> I came across this while looking up weather radar scales
>
> http://njection.com/blogs/jalopnik/archive/2008/08/12/weather-radar-picks
> -up-car-doing-130-mph-offbeat-news.aspx

http://tinyurl.com/5abya9

Mxsmanic
August 30th 08, 04:31 AM
writes:

> Perhaps as much as you're saying you don't possess even rudimentary
> reading skills by asking him a question that was in no way implied by
> his reply.
>
> Radar optimization would 'teach' the radar which returns are to be
> ignoredi .e., a return at such and such azimuth and speed is to be
> tracked or not.
>
> And whats the big deal about 130? My old 750 Suzi would do that and
> did a couple of times.

Your reply would have been just as useful without the first paragraph, and it
would have been much more civil.

Testosterone is the most dangerous substance known to man (and woman).

Viperdoc[_5_]
August 30th 08, 02:27 PM
"Testosterone is the most dangerous substance known to man (and woman)."

Do you happen to have any of your own?

Mxsmanic
August 30th 08, 02:38 PM
Viperdoc writes:

> Do you happen to have any of your own?

I've never had it checked, but since I know its effects, I can actively
compensate for them.

Viperdoc[_5_]
August 30th 08, 03:02 PM

> I've never had it checked, but since I know its effects, I can actively
> compensate for them.

No, you don't have any testosterone of your own, although of course you're
not a physician, physiologist, or pilot, so it really doesn't matter. You
also should look up the definition and limitations of aircraft in the
"experimental category" before spouting your usual ludicrous bull****.

Google