PDA

View Full Version : T-33

Canuck[_2_]
September 3rd 08, 03:40 PM

Ron
September 3rd 08, 08:35 PM
"Canuck" > wrote in message
news:Olxvk.64131$hx.28327@pd7urf3no...

Thank you! 10 years ago, during MF-XXX, I managed to get a round trip on a
417Sqn CT-133 from CFB Cold lake to Victoria Airport on Vancouver Island.
Surely one of the best, if not THE best rides I ever got. Even then this
aircraft still felt more like a fighter than a trainer.

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Canuck[_2_]
September 3rd 08, 11:02 PM
"Ron" > wrote in message

> "Canuck" > wrote in message
>>
> Thank you! 10 years ago, during MF-XXX, I managed to get a round trip on a
> 417Sqn CT-133 from CFB Cold lake to Victoria Airport on Vancouver Island.
> Surely one of the best, if not THE best rides I ever got. Even then this
> aircraft still felt more like a fighter than a trainer.
>
> Ron
> --
> Non urinat in ventum

Hi Ron! Awesome. I've never been up in anything other than commercial
aircraft so a flight like that would be a real treat.

Nick

Andrew Chaplin
September 4th 08, 02:09 AM
"Canuck" > wrote in message

> "Ron" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Canuck" > wrote in message
>>>
>> Thank you! 10 years ago, during MF-XXX, I managed to get a round trip on a
>> 417Sqn CT-133 from CFB Cold lake to Victoria Airport on Vancouver Island.
>> Surely one of the best, if not THE best rides I ever got. Even then this
>> aircraft still felt more like a fighter than a trainer.
>>
>> Ron
>> --
>> Non urinat in ventum
>
> Hi Ron! Awesome. I've never been up in anything other than commercial
> aircraft so a flight like that would be a real treat.

When I was running AD arty training in CFB Petawawa in the late '90s, we used
to book T-Bags out of North Bay because they were just about the best
simulated threat aircraft if you wanted FROGFOOTs (FROGFEET?) for Javelin on
LML. They were still the "Whispering Death" of Korea fame.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Google