PDA

View Full Version : bristol at nordholst

flybywire
September 4th 08, 10:13 AM

展奄rdo
September 4th 08, 12:11 PM
flybywire wrote:

Ah, the Bristol Sycamore, a beautiful aircraft.

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Conscious Pilate[_2_]
September 4th 08, 01:35 PM
bulls twoggle - nice looking - but with plywood blades the handling depended
on humidity - also in hot climates ya got into ground effect on the carrier,
fell over the side & hoped ground effect would keep ya from hitting the
water!!

see ya

Conscious Pilate

展奄rdo
September 4th 08, 04:29 PM
Conscious Pilate wrote:
> bulls twoggle - nice looking - but with plywood blades the handling depended
> on humidity - also in hot climates ya got into ground effect on the carrier,
> fell over the side & hoped ground effect would keep ya from hitting the
> water!!
>
> see ya
>
> Conscious Pilate

Given that this was a design concept from 1944, and the first prototype
flew in 9147, it's not bad for pioneering work!

--
Moving things in still pictures!

展奄rdo
September 4th 08, 04:33 PM
展奄rdo wrote:
> Conscious Pilate wrote:
>> bulls twoggle - nice looking - but with plywood blades the handling
>> depended on humidity - also in hot climates ya got into ground effect
>> on the carrier, fell over the side & hoped ground effect would keep ya
>> from hitting the water!!
>>
>> see ya
>>
>> Conscious Pilate
>>

> Given that this was a design concept from 1944, and the first prototype
> flew in 9147, it's not bad for pioneering work!

Or even 1947!!!

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Dave Kearton
September 4th 08, 11:45 PM
"展奄rdo" > wrote in message

> Or even 1947!!!

"Gosh that takes me back ... or forward. That's the trouble with time
travel, you never can tell."
-- Dr. Who

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

展奄rdo
September 5th 08, 07:46 AM
Dave Kearton wrote:
> "展奄rdo" > wrote in message
>

>> Or even 1947!!!
>

> "Gosh that takes me back ... or forward. That's the trouble with time
> travel, you never can tell."
> -- Dr. Who

Men of a certain age - time has less and less meaning.

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Google