PDA

View Full Version : One Question for Posting

Heinz[_2_]
September 5th 08, 04:04 PM
Hi Guys,

i have a lot of planepictures to post.

I donīt want to use YencPowerPost for posting, because i know you donīt like
Yenc :-), can u tell me a programm without Yenc?

Regards

Heinz

--
www.newsserverguide.de
http://aeroweb.de/search/?stype=all&see=&pps=10&search=Mybach&lim=0

Alan Erskine[_3_]
September 5th 08, 05:06 PM
"Heinz" > wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> i have a lot of planepictures to post.
>
> I donīt want to use YencPowerPost for posting, because i know you donīt
> like Yenc :-), can u tell me a programm without Yenc?
>
> Regards
>
> Heinz

..jpg. However, planets are not for this group - they belong in an astronomy
group.

Heinz[_2_]
September 5th 08, 05:20 PM
"Alan Erskine" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Heinz" > wrote in message
>> Hi Guys,
> .jpg. However, planets are not for this group - they belong in an
astronomy
> group.

I said plane not plantes.....anyway back to topic, can u answer my question?

Herman
September 5th 08, 05:57 PM
"Heinz" > schreef in bericht
> "Alan Erskine" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> "Heinz" > wrote in message
>>> Hi Guys,
> > .jpg. However, planets are not for this group - they belong in an
> astronomy
>> group.
>
> I said plane not plantes.....anyway back to topic, can u answer my
> question?

Your newsreader should have the option "New Message".
Click this button, put in the header the subject your pictures are about
(e.g. "Starfighter" or anything else).
Then put in the main box any message you want to give to the NG.
Next click the button "attachment" and tell the newsreader which pictures
you want to attach, preferably JPG..
Many servers have a limit on how many pictures or how much total size you
can upload in one message.
Click "send".

This should work just fine.

Regards,
Herman

Heinz[_2_]
September 5th 08, 07:22 PM
"Herman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.home.nl...

> "Heinz" > schreef in bericht
>> "Alan Erskine" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> "Heinz" > wrote in message

> Your newsreader should have the option "New Message".

You are right :-) But i donīt want to do this with with 500 pictures :)

Ron
September 5th 08, 08:08 PM
"Heinz" > wrote in message
> "Herman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> .home.nl...

>> Your newsreader should have the option "New Message".
>
> You are right :-) But i donīt want to do this with with 500 pictures :)
Easily enough: don't post all 500 in one post. It is called 'flooding' and
is generally frowned upon. Personaly I think 50 is about the max for one
night, although I know that some will disagree, either because they think it
is too much, or because it is not nearly enough.

I think Powerpost still has the option to post without yEnc. I have not used
it in ages though.

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

D. St-Sanvain
September 5th 08, 10:55 PM
Hello,

Heinz a écrit dans
> :
> "Herman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Your newsreader should have the option "New Message".

> You are right :-) But i donīt want to do this with with 500 pictures :)
Please don't ;)
I agree with you, 50 at a time should be enough.
I use PowerPost 2000. Esay to use, select a batch of pictures, select
the NG to send them, put a few words for the message subject, and send.
Informations like the name, rank, size of the images, are added
automatically :)

Bye,

RustY Đ
September 6th 08, 11:28 AM
"Heinz" > wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> i have a lot of planepictures to post.
>
>..... can u tell me a programm without Yenc?

You can do this with X-News from here.............
http://xnews.newsguy.com/#download

It is free and [fairly] easy to use. Use one of the test groups to practice
with it first.

hielan' laddie
September 7th 08, 07:03 PM
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 12:20:23 -0400, Heinz wrote
(in article >):

> "Alan Erskine" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> "Heinz" > wrote in message
>>> Hi Guys,
> > .jpg. However, planets are not for this group - they belong in an
> astronomy
>> group.
>
> I said plane not plantes.....anyway back to topic, can u answer my question?

Yes you did. Alan-me-lad has reading comprehension problems. (And other
problems. Have you reported my 'forged' headers to Newsguy yet, Alan-me-lad?
Didn't think so.)

You can post using MSOE fairly easily. You'll just have to post one at a
time, which could be painful if you have a large number of pix to post. There
are a large number of applications which are easier to handle than MSOE.
However, many of them use YENC because YENC is more efficient, and people who
post a lot of binaries at once are usually looking for efficiency. If you
don't want to use them, I'm afraid that you'll have a problem.

hielan' laddie
September 7th 08, 07:04 PM
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 14:22:31 -0400, Heinz wrote
(in article >):

> "Herman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> .home.nl...

>> Your newsreader should have the option "New Message".
>
> You are right :-) But i donīt want to do this with with 500 pictures :)

It would appear that your choices boil down to:

1 use a power-posting app and either turn off the YENC or don't

2 use MSOE and post one at a time

3 don't post

Pick one. It's your choice.

hielan' laddie
September 7th 08, 07:05 PM
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:55:47 -0400, D. St-Sanvain wrote
(in article >):

> Hello,
>
> Heinz a écrit dans
> > :
>> "Herman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> Your newsreader should have the option "New Message".
>
>> You are right :-) But i donīt want to do this with with 500 pictures :)
> Please don't ;)
> I agree with you, 50 at a time should be enough.
> I use PowerPost 2000. Esay to use, select a batch of pictures, select
> the NG to send them, put a few words for the message subject, and send.
> Informations like the name, rank, size of the images, are added
> automatically :)
>
> Bye,

That should work.

Peter Hucker[_2_]
September 7th 08, 07:21 PM
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:04:00 +0200, "Heinz" > wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>i have a lot of planepictures to post.
>
>I donīt want to use YencPowerPost for posting, because i know you donīt like
>Yenc :-), can u tell me a programm without Yenc?

I've seen at least three version of powerpost. One did yenc only, one
did UU only, one did either.

_ _
_| | | |_
| | |______OOOOo__________oOOOO_______| | |