PDA

View Full Version : GB 20080908 C130 near Wyke Champflower Somerset 1

Graham Harrison[_2_]
September 8th 08, 06:26 PM
I was waiting for a train when this happened along. Glastonbury Tor just
visible to the right and below.

Question - what is it? Yes, I know it's a C130 but the ones we get around
here doing low level runs are usually camouflaged and I don't think this one
is. Furthermore, if you look at the 4th image in the run it seems to have
blisters on the rear fuselage which I don't think I've seen before. Of
course, image 4 could be a different aircraft.

D. St-Sanvain
September 8th 08, 08:41 PM
Hello,

Graham Harrison a écrit dans > :
> Question - what is it? Yes, I know it's a C130 but the ones we get around
> here doing low level runs are usually camouflaged and I don't think this one
> is. Furthermore, if you look at the 4th image in the run it seems to have
> blisters on the rear fuselage which I don't think I've seen before. Of
> course, image 4 could be a different aircraft.

They are infra-red counter measures systems. Usually used on Special
Ops aircraft. Some are all grey, or all green.

Google