this on AvWeb.

Kingfish
September 18th 08, 11:36 PM
Here's the link to the story. The 162 was Cessna's first entry into
the "sport and training market"... Yeeeesh...

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/28606459.html

C J Campbell[_1_]
September 18th 08, 11:38 PM
On 2008-09-18 15:36:17 -0700, Kingfish > said:

> Here's the link to the story. The 162 was Cessna's first entry into
> the "sport and training market"... Yeeeesh...
>
> http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/28606459.html

To be fair, the article did not say it was Cessna's "first" entry.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
September 19th 08, 01:30 AM
C J Campbell > wrote in

> On 2008-09-18 15:36:17 -0700, Kingfish > said:
>
>> Here's the link to the story. The 162 was Cessna's first entry into
>> the "sport and training market"... Yeeeesh...
>>
>> http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/28606459.html
>
> To be fair, the article did not say it was Cessna's "first" entry.

Which would have been innacurate in any case.

Bertie

September 19th 08, 05:16 PM
On Sep 18, 4:09*pm, Kingfish > wrote:
> Luckily the pilot was able to bail out before it spun in. Just read
> this on AvWeb.

And forever more is shall be known as the "Cessna Skycrasher"...

Mick[_2_]
September 19th 08, 06:19 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
|C J Campbell > wrote in
|
| > On 2008-09-18 15:36:17 -0700, Kingfish > said:
| >
| >> Here's the link to the story. The 162 was Cessna's first entry into
| >> the "sport and training market"... Yeeeesh...
| >>
| >> http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/28606459.html
| >
| > To be fair, the article did not say it was Cessna's "first" entry.
|

| Which would have been innacurate in any case.
|

| Bertie

Mick[_2_]
September 19th 08, 08:05 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .
| "Mick" <@_#`~#@.^net> wrote in :
|

| > "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| >|C J Campbell > wrote in
| >|

| >|
| >|
| >| Which would have been innacurate in any case.
| >|
| >|
| >|
| >| Bertie
| >

| Good point there Okie boi.
|

| Bertie

Mick[_2_]
September 19th 08, 08:12 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .
| "Mick" <@_#`~#@.^net> wrote in :
|

| > "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| > .. .
| >| "Mick" <@_#`~#@.^net> wrote in
| >| :
| >|

| >| >|
> [...]
| >| >|
| >| >|
| >| >|
| >| >|
| >| >|

| >|
| >| Good point there Okie boi.
| >|
| >|
| >| Bertie
| >

| Even better.
|

| Bertie

Mick[_2_]
September 19th 08, 08:36 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .
| "Mick" <@_#`~#@.^net> wrote in :
|

| > "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| > .. .
| >| "Mick" <@_#`~#@.^net> wrote in news:LJSAk.19928$PK.13485
| @newsfe04.iad:
| >|

| >| >|

| >| >| >|

| entry

| >| >| >|
| >| >| >|
| >| >| >|
| >| >| >|
| >| >| >|

| >| >|
| >| >|
| >| >|

| >|
| >| Even better.
| >|
| >|
| >| Bertie
| >

| Magnifique
|

| Bertie

JGalban via AviationKB.com
September 19th 08, 08:46 PM
Kingfish wrote:
>Luckily the pilot was able to bail out before it spun in. Just read
>this on AvWeb.

Since it was introduced, I've always wondered why they put the doors of the
162 on backwards. They open at the front. It always seemed to me that if
the door became unlatched in flight (not unusual), that it would then be
ripped off by the airstream. I guess now I see the value in it. If you
need to bail out, it works almost like the quick-release latches on aerobatic
aircraft. Pop the door handle and the door flies away.

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
September 19th 08, 09:04 PM
"JGalban via AviationKB.com" <u32749@uwe> wrote in

> Kingfish wrote:
>>Luckily the pilot was able to bail out before it spun in. Just read
>>this on AvWeb.
>
> Since it was introduced, I've always wondered why they put the doors
> of the
> 162 on backwards. They open at the front. It always seemed to me
> that if the door became unlatched in flight (not unusual), that it
> would then be ripped off by the airstream. I guess now I see the
> value in it. If you need to bail out, it works almost like the
> quick-release latches on aerobatic aircraft. Pop the door handle and
> the door flies away.

As long as it isn't the cause of you having to get out!

Bertie

Kingfish
September 22nd 08, 02:59 PM
On Sep 19, 3:46*pm, "JGalban via AviationKB.com" <u32749@uwe> wrote:

> * Since it was introduced, I've always wondered why they put the doors of the
> 162 on backwards. * They open at the front. * It always seemed to me that if
> the door became unlatched in flight (not unusual), that it would then be
> ripped off by the airstream. * *I guess now I see the value in it. *If you
> need to bail out, it works almost like the quick-release latches on aerobatic
> aircraft. * Pop the door handle and the door flies away.

Not sure what airplane you're talking about here, the 162's doors are
hinged at the top to open upwards, like on jump planes. Check out
Cessna's site for pics.

JGalban via AviationKB.com
September 22nd 08, 10:24 PM
Kingfish wrote:

>Not sure what airplane you're talking about here, the 162's doors are
>hinged at the top to open upwards, like on jump planes. Check out
>Cessna's site for pics.

You're right. My mistake. I had seen the prototype last year and the
door latch on the forward part of the door threw me off.

Given that, the jump-style door is even better for bailing out :-)

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Google