PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on today's N999LJ overrun at Columbia?

Patty
September 20th 08, 04:45 PM
Just finished watching the press release. Any thoughts on the LR30's
accident?

Robert M. Gary
September 20th 08, 06:21 PM
On Sep 20, 8:45*am, "Patty" > wrote:
> Just finished watching the press release. Any thoughts on the LR30's
> accident?

I haven't seen any factual information yet other than the fact that
the plane went off the end of the runway.

-Robert

Vaughn Simon
September 20th 08, 09:11 PM
"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
On Sep 20, 8:45 am, "Patty" > wrote:
>I haven't seen any factual information yet other than the fact that
>the plane went off the end of the runway.

But this is the Internet, so we can just wildly speculate right?

Vaughn

Patty
September 20th 08, 10:08 PM
My wild spec, for starters, begins with, most likely, that the pilots
that were not familiar with runway constraints. Plain and simple. Have a
better theory, at this point?

"Vaughn Simon" > wrote in message

> "Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
> On Sep 20, 8:45 am, "Patty" > wrote:
>>I haven't seen any factual information yet other than the fact that
>>the plane went off the end of the runway.
>
> But this is the Internet, so we can just wildly speculate right?
>
> Vaughn

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
September 20th 08, 10:31 PM
"Patty" > wrote in
:

> My wild spec, for starters, begins with, most likely, that the
> pilots that were not familiar with runway constraints.

What's a runway constraint?

Bertie

Bob F.[_2_]
September 20th 08, 11:53 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
> "Patty" > wrote in
> :
>
>> My wild spec, for starters, begins with, most likely, that the
>> pilots that were not familiar with runway constraints.
>

> What's a runway constraint?
>

> Bertie

At the end of the runway, there is a 5000 ft drop, straight down. How's
that for a constraint.

--
Regards, Bob F.

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
September 21st 08, 12:05 AM
"Bob F." > wrote in
:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>> "Patty" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> My wild spec, for starters, begins with, most likely, that the
>>> pilots that were not familiar with runway constraints.
>>

>> What's a runway constraint?
>>

>> Bertie
>

> At the end of the runway, there is a 5000 ft drop, straight down. How's
> that for a constraint.

Gives you some time to get flying speed up...

Bertie

Patty
September 21st 08, 12:23 AM

>> What's a runway constraint?
>>

>> Bertie
>

> At the end of the runway, there is a 5000 ft drop, straight down. How's
> that for a constraint.

exactly

Mike
September 21st 08, 12:26 AM
"Bob F." > wrote in message
. ..
> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>> "Patty" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> My wild spec, for starters, begins with, most likely, that the
>>> pilots that were not familiar with runway constraints.
>>

>> What's a runway constraint?
>>

>> Bertie
>

> At the end of the runway, there is a 5000 ft drop, straight down. How's
> that for a constraint.

Sounds like instant altitude.

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
September 21st 08, 12:27 AM
"Patty" > wrote in
:

>>> What's a runway constraint?
>>>

>>> Bertie
>>

>> At the end of the runway, there is a 5000 ft drop, straight down.
>> How's that for a constraint.
>>
> exactly

Who plans on using what lies beyond the end of a runway?

It doesn't answer the question.

Bertie

Bob F.[_2_]
September 21st 08, 12:33 AM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
> "Bob F." > wrote in
> :
>
>> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>>> "Patty" > wrote in
>>> :

>>> What's a runway constraint?
>>>

>>> Bertie
>>

>> At the end of the runway, there is a 5000 ft drop, straight down. How's
>> that for a constraint.
>

> Gives you some time to get flying speed up...
>
> Bertie

oops sorry, I just took another look at the article and noticed the accident
happened at Columbia S.C. I thought the accident was at Columbia Airport
in the California Sierra's. No drop that I know of in S.C.

--
Regards, Bob F.

B A R R Y[_2_]
September 21st 08, 12:41 AM
Vaughn Simon wrote:
> "Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
> On Sep 20, 8:45 am, "Patty" > wrote:
>> I haven't seen any factual information yet other than the fact that
>> the plane went off the end of the runway.
>
> But this is the Internet, so we can just wildly speculate right?
>
> Vaughn

And people will...

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
September 21st 08, 12:53 AM
"Bob F." > wrote in
:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>> "Bob F." > wrote in
>> :

>>> At the end of the runway, there is a 5000 ft drop, straight down.
>>> How's that for a constraint.
>>

>> Gives you some time to get flying speed up...
>>
>> Bertie
>

> oops sorry, I just took another look at the article and noticed the
> accident happened at Columbia S.C. I thought the accident was at
> Columbia Airport in the California Sierra's. No drop that I know of
> in S.C.

OK, but what I meant was that a pilot of an aircraft of that performance
level isn't really thinking "restraint". It's really more cut and dried
than that.

Bertie

Bob F.[_2_]
September 21st 08, 02:33 AM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
> "Patty" > wrote in
> :

>>> At the end of the runway, there is a 5000 ft drop, straight down.
>>> How's that for a constraint.
>>>
>> exactly
>>

> Who plans on using what lies beyond the end of a runway?
>
> It doesn't answer the question.
>

> Bertie

Oh, you were asking a serious question. What about a clearway? It's beyond
the end of the runway and used for planning purposes...no?

--
Regards, Bob F.

Robert M. Gary
September 21st 08, 05:06 PM
On Sep 20, 2:08*pm, "Patty" > wrote:
> My wild spec, for starters, *begins with, *most likely, *that the pilots
> that were not familiar with runway constraints. *Plain and simple. *Have a
> better theory, at this point?

Ok, here is a possibility that is equally supported by the current
evidence as your theory. I think all this hunting for Big Foot has Big
on the run and he's coming down from the hills and jumping in front of
airplanes.

-robert

TheTruth[_3_]
September 21st 08, 05:09 PM
Robert M. Gary wrote:
> On Sep 20, 2:08 pm, "Patty" > wrote:
>> My wild spec, for starters, begins with, most likely, that the pilots
>> that were not familiar with runway constraints. Plain and simple. Have a
>> better theory, at this point?
>
> Ok, here is a possibility that is equally supported by the current
> evidence as your theory. I think all this hunting for Big Foot has Big
> on the run and he's coming down from the hills and jumping in front of
> airplanes.
>
> -robert

Midnight departure?
Shades of LEX perhaps?

Possibly just one tired over worked poorly trained inexperienced
controller on duty while the high priced FAA managers chase whores and
wine and dine the neighbor's wife?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mike
September 21st 08, 05:50 PM
"TheTruth" > wrote in message
> Robert M. Gary wrote:
>> On Sep 20, 2:08 pm, "Patty" > wrote:
>>> My wild spec, for starters, begins with, most likely, that the pilots
>>> that were not familiar with runway constraints. Plain and simple. Have
>>> better theory, at this point?
>>
>> Ok, here is a possibility that is equally supported by the current
>> evidence as your theory. I think all this hunting for Big Foot has Big
>> on the run and he's coming down from the hills and jumping in front of
>> airplanes.
>>
>> -robert
>
> Midnight departure?
> Shades of LEX perhaps?

Both runways are longer than 8,000', crackhead. Try again, JJ.

Ed
September 21st 08, 06:18 PM
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:33:27 -0400, "Bob F." >
wrote:

>>> At the end of the runway, there is a 5000 ft drop, straight down. How's
>>> that for a constraint.
>>

>> Gives you some time to get flying speed up...
>>
>> Bertie
>

>oops sorry, I just took another look at the article and noticed the accident
>happened at Columbia S.C. I thought the accident was at Columbia Airport
>in the California Sierra's. No drop that I know of in S.C.

I have been into Columbia, California airport many times and if there
is a 5000 ft drop, they must have dug it recently.

Ed Sullivan

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
September 21st 08, 07:18 PM
"Bob F." > wrote in
:

> "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
>> "Patty" > wrote in
>> :

>>> exactly
>>>

>> Who plans on using what lies beyond the end of a runway?
>>
>> It doesn't answer the question.
>>

>> Bertie
>

> Oh, you were asking a serious question. What about a clearway? It's
> beyond the end of the runway and used for planning purposes...no?

True, but it's part of the runway environment. The point I was trying to
make was that the word just didn't seem to fit the picture. I dont know
what word I would use in it's place. Performance limitations would
probably be closer to it, but that probably had little to do with the
accident in any case, as they were probably well within those..
I just thought "constraint" is a bit tabloid n this case.

Bertie

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
September 21st 08, 07:22 PM
TheTruth > wrote in
:

> Robert M. Gary wrote:
>> On Sep 20, 2:08 pm, "Patty" > wrote:
>>> My wild spec, for starters, begins with, most likely, that the
>>> pilots that were not familiar with runway constraints. Plain and
>>> simple. Have a better theory, at this point?
>>
>> Ok, here is a possibility that is equally supported by the current
>> evidence as your theory. I think all this hunting for Big Foot has
>> Big on the run and he's coming down from the hills and jumping in
>> front of airplanes.
>>
>> -robert
>
> Midnight departure?
> Shades of LEX perhaps?
>
> Possibly just one tired over worked poorly trained inexperienced
> controller on duty while the high priced FAA managers chase whores and
> wine and dine the neighbor's wife?

unlikely unless the airplane ran into another airplen, since all
controllers do is keep airplanes seperated.

Fjukkkwit.

Bertie

Mick[_2_]
September 22nd 08, 04:58 AM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| "Patty" > wrote in
| :
|
| > My wild spec, for starters, begins with, most likely, that the
| > pilots that were not familiar with runway constraints.
|

| What's a runway constraint?
|

| Bertie

Waddda dumbass.

Mick[_2_]
September 22nd 08, 05:01 AM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| "Bob F." > wrote in
| :
|
| > "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| >> "Patty" > wrote in
| >> :

| >> Who plans on using what lies beyond the end of a runway?
| >>
| >> It doesn't answer the question.
| >>

| >> Bertie
| >

| > Oh, you were asking a serious question. What about a clearway? It's
| > beyond the end of the runway and used for planning purposes...no?
| >

| True, but it's part of the runway environment. The point I was trying to
| make was that the word just didn't seem to fit the picture. I dont know
| what word I would use in it's place. Performance limitations would
| probably be closer to it, but that probably had little to do with the
| accident in any case, as they were probably well within those..
| I just thought "constraint" is a bit tabloid n this case.
|

| Bertie

Yeah, but you THINK a lot of ****.

Mick[_2_]
September 22nd 08, 06:27 AM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| TheTruth > wrote in
| :
|
| > Robert M. Gary wrote:
| >>
| >> Ok, here is a possibility that is equally supported by the current
| >> evidence as your theory. I think all this hunting for Big Foot has
| >> Big on the run and he's coming down from the hills and jumping in
| >> front of airplanes.
| >>
| >> -robert
| >
| > Midnight departure?
| > Shades of LEX perhaps?
| >
| > Possibly just one tired over worked poorly trained inexperienced
| > controller on duty while the high priced FAA managers chase whores and
| > wine and dine the neighbor's wife?
|

| unlikely unless the airplane ran into another airplen, since all
| controllers do is keep airplanes seperated.
|

| Fjukkkwit.
|

| Bertie

Robert M. Gary
September 23rd 08, 07:06 PM
On Sep 21, 9:09*am, TheTruth > wrote:

> Midnight departure?
> Shades of LEX perhaps?
>
> Possibly just one tired over worked poorly trained inexperienced
> controller on duty while the high priced FAA managers chase whores and
> wine and dine the neighbor's wife?
>
> Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Based on what evidence? Given the current known facts my Big Foot
theory is at least as supported by facts as your theory.

-roberrt

Mick[_2_]
September 23rd 08, 07:10 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .
| "Mick" <#$$#@%%%.^^^> wrote in :
|

| > "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| >| "Bob F." > wrote in
| >| :
| >|

| down.

| It's

| >|
| >| True, but it's part of the runway environment. The point I was trying
| >| make was that the word just didn't seem to fit the picture. I dont
| know
| >| what word I would use in it's place. Performance limitations would
| >| probably be closer to it, but that probably had little to do with the
| >| accident in any case, as they were probably well within those..
| >| I just thought "constraint" is a bit tabloid n this case.
| >|
| >|
| >| Bertie
| >
| > Yeah, but you THINK a lot of ****.
| >

| Yep, I think about you, for instance.
|

| Bertie

Mick[_2_]
September 23rd 08, 07:10 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .
| "Mick" <#$$#@%%%.^^^> wrote in :
|

| > "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| >| "Patty" > wrote in
| >| :
| >|
| >|
| >|
| >| What's a runway constraint?
| >|
| >|
| >| Bertie
| >
| > Waddda dumbass.
| >

| Awww, huwt you again did I kookieboi?
|

| Bertie

Mick[_2_]
September 23rd 08, 07:10 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| "Mick" <#$$#@%%%.^^^> wrote in :
|

| > "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| >| TheTruth > wrote in
| >| :
| >|

| and
| >|
| >|
| >|
| >| unlikely unless the airplane ran into another airplen, since all
| >| controllers do is keep airplanes seperated.
| >|
| >|
| >|
| >| Fjukkkwit.
| >|
| >|
| >| Bertie

Arturo Toscanini via AviationKB.com
September 23rd 08, 11:36 PM
TheTruth wrote:

>Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jeezuz. What a stupid ****.

He sees FAA managers in his cheerios.
While remaining a leech on the gov't dole.

ooh..what's that?
the FAA caused another earthquake.

oooo.. ants in the kitchen?
AAAGH the FAA put ants in my house!!!

At least the slug seems to have stopped slobbering his favorite word
"sycophant".

for now.

Mike
September 24th 08, 04:55 AM
"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
> On Sep 21, 9:09 am, TheTruth > wrote:
>
> > Midnight departure?
> > Shades of LEX perhaps?
> >
> > Possibly just one tired over worked poorly trained inexperienced
> > controller on duty while the high priced FAA managers chase whores and
> > wine and dine the neighbor's wife?
> >
> > Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>
> Based on what evidence? Given the current known facts my Big Foot
> theory is at least as supported by facts as your theory.

Au contraire. JJ supports his theories with lysergic acid diethylamide.

Mick[_2_]
September 25th 08, 10:29 PM
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| "Mick" <#$$#@%%%.^^^> wrote in :
|

| > "Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
| > .. .
| >| "Mick" <#$$#@%%%.^^^> wrote in :
| >|

> [...]
| >| >|
| >| >|
| >| >|
| >| >|
| >| >|

| >|
| >| Awww, huwt you again did I kookieboi?
| >|
| >|
| >| Bertie

Mick[_2_]
September 25th 08, 10:56 PM
"Mike" <nospam@ microsoft.com> wrote in message
| "Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
| > On Sep 21, 9:09 am, TheTruth > wrote:
| >
| > > Midnight departure?
| > > Shades of LEX perhaps?
| > >
| > > Possibly just one tired over worked poorly trained inexperienced
| > > controller on duty while the high priced FAA managers chase whores and
| > > wine and dine the neighbor's wife?
| > >
| > > Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
| >
| > Based on what evidence? Given the current known facts my Big Foot
| > theory is at least as supported by facts as your theory.
|
| Au contraire. JJ supports his theories with lysergic acid diethylamide.

Spoken like a true user.

Mike
September 26th 08, 04:33 AM
"Mick" <#$$#@%%%.^^^> wrote in message

> "Mike" <nospam@ microsoft.com> wrote in message

> and

> | > Based on what evidence? Given the current known facts my Big Foot
> | > theory is at least as supported by facts as your theory.
> |
> | Au contraire. JJ supports his theories with lysergic acid diethylamide.
> |

> Spoken like a true user.

....sez the fetal alcohol syndrome victim.

Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]
September 26th 08, 11:40 PM

@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com

>> and

>> | Au contraire. JJ supports his theories with lysergic acid
>> | diethylamide.
>> |

>> Spoken like a true user.
>
> ...sez the fetal alcohol syndrome victim.

Yep

BTW, if you're going to redirect him, please do so to alt.usenet.kooks.
They love him there. And you'll make new and interesting friends with
names like Terydactyl cupcake semen.

Bertie

Google