PDA

View Full Version : PIX -- Oil pump & new sump drain

September 25th 08, 09:04 PM
To All,

The last couple of days we've talked about VW oil pumps, and about
making a new drain for the sump of a converted VW.

I've just posted some pictures of an assortment of VW oil pumps, and a
little How-To for the sump drain I use. I've posted the pictures to
the chuggers group, in the engine folder.

The drain is not yet drilled & tapped but the laying-out and sawing
should give you an idea of what is to follow, in that the newly
created surface (ie, what you have after lopping off that corner of
the crankcase) is perpendicular to the axis of the new drain, which
will be tapped M8x1.25. An O-ring provides the seal and the 'plug' --
a regular bolt -- is safety-wired.

-R.S.Hoover

Google