PDA

View Full Version : Badwater Bill

John Ammeter
October 22nd 08, 01:01 AM
I talked to Billy only three weeks ago when my wife and I were in Las
Vegas. He was in the middle of building a model Helicopter and already
had plans for that afternoon to go flying it with a friend.

That was BWB... he was always in the middle of something. Bill wasn't
someone to sit back and simply read a book... if anything, he might
write a book.. and he could have written several books about many many
things. He wasn't just a pilot or just anything... Bill lived life to
the fullest and he encouraged me to do the same. As Robert A Heinlein
said in one of his books... Take big bites, moderation is for monks...
and Badwater Bill was NOT a monk.

I'm going to miss him very much. I'd call him every few months just to
chat and it was always just like we would carry on the conversation we'd
had before..

I remember one time John Ousterhous and I drove down to visit Bill and
Janice. The first night he brought out 4 beef roasts... each about 3"
thick by 5" by 7". These weren't roasts... they were our steaks for
that night. The next night the four of us shared 15 pounds of King Crab
legs. That was typical Badwater Bill hospitality.

It will take a while before I can accept the fact of his death.
Somehow, Bill seemed immortal to me...

John "amprobe" Ammeter

JStricker
October 22nd 08, 05:29 AM
I last saw Bill at the "Gang Bang". Good times that I'll never forget.
Tommy Cooper first broke the news to me and for only about 4th time in my
life, I felt physically knocked back in my chair. One of the reasons I quit
posting here was because Tony passed. He was an anchor here and when he was
gone, it affected Bill (and a lot of us) a great deal.

This will take me some time.

Bill had a lot of faults (don't we all) and nobody will ever nominate him
for sainthood. But anyone that didn't listen to his opinion was a fool.
Bill, you'll be missed for a long time by a lot of people.

Hopefully, Janice can have a full recovery. She'll be in our thoughts and
prayers.

So long, Bill. You'll be missed.

John Stricker

Flyingmonk[_1_]
October 22nd 08, 01:21 PM
On Oct 21, 8:01 pm, John Ammeter >
wrote:
> I talked to Billy only three weeks ago when my wife and I were in Las
> Vegas. He was in the middle of building a model Helicopter and already
> had plans for that afternoon to go flying it with a friend.
>
> That was BWB... he was always in the middle of something. Bill wasn't
> someone to sit back and simply read a book... if anything, he might
> write a book.. and he could have written several books about many many
> things. He wasn't just a pilot or just anything... Bill lived life to
> the fullest and he encouraged me to do the same. As Robert A Heinlein
> said in one of his books... Take big bites, moderation is for monks...
> and Badwater Bill was NOT a monk.
>
> I'm going to miss him very much. I'd call him every few months just to
> chat and it was always just like we would carry on the conversation we'd
> had before..
>
> I remember one time John Ousterhous and I drove down to visit Bill and
> Janice. The first night he brought out 4 beef roasts... each about 3"
> thick by 5" by 7". These weren't roasts... they were our steaks for
> that night. The next night the four of us shared 15 pounds of King Crab
> legs. That was typical Badwater Bill hospitality.
>
> It will take a while before I can accept the fact of his death.
> Somehow, Bill seemed immortal to me...
>
> John "amprobe" Ammeter

Hey John,

I sent you an email ) a few days ago about BWB
and it came back undeliverable. Guess you stopped using comcast.

RIP Bill. My condolences to Janice and your friends and family.

Monk

Google