PDA

View Full Version : passed commercial written

October 24th 08, 02:54 AM
so i just passed the commercial written, and i hear that the CFI
written is half of the commercial written information, with the other
half being new material. Any reality to that?

I also have watched a few videos of fellow group members flying, and
wondering how many of you are running lean of peak? My airplane is
burning less than 7 gph, when it burned 9 or more if i just left the
mixture in. great way of flying, and i have an annual coming up that
should show my cylinder compressions improve.

Aluckyguess[_2_]
October 24th 08, 05:38 AM
CFI is the same as the IFR test
> wrote in message
> so i just passed the commercial written, and i hear that the CFI
> written is half of the commercial written information, with the other
> half being new material. Any reality to that?
>
> I also have watched a few videos of fellow group members flying, and
> wondering how many of you are running lean of peak? My airplane is
> burning less than 7 gph, when it burned 9 or more if i just left the
> mixture in. great way of flying, and i have an annual coming up that
> should show my cylinder compressions improve.

BT
October 24th 08, 05:47 AM
There are two CFI writtens
The One is close to the same as the Commercial written and may include some
IFR questions
The other is the "Fundamentals of Instruction" and is all new material.

BT

> wrote in message
> so i just passed the commercial written, and i hear that the CFI
> written is half of the commercial written information, with the other
> half being new material. Any reality to that?
>
> I also have watched a few videos of fellow group members flying, and
> wondering how many of you are running lean of peak? My airplane is
> burning less than 7 gph, when it burned 9 or more if i just left the
> mixture in. great way of flying, and i have an annual coming up that
> should show my cylinder compressions improve.

Kobra[_5_]
October 24th 08, 11:41 PM
"Aluckyguess" > wrote in message
> CFI is the same as the IFR test

No...it's not. The Knowledge test is a combination of the private,
commercial and CFI regulations.

The Fundementals of Instructing (FOI) is a separate part of the CFI written
test and covers the basics of behavior, learning, forgetting, personalities,
lesson plans, lecture methods, testing techniques, etc.

There is also a CFII Knowledge test that is only for those trying to obtain
the CFI Instrument Instructor certificate.

Kobra

Google