PDA

View Full Version : photos gone

flybywire
December 21st 08, 04:48 PM
sent some to the group but they didn't appear re court airline

used rich text format to get the photos on

any ideas pls

Mike

Andrew B
December 21st 08, 07:14 PM
"flybywire" > wrote in message
> sent some to the group but they didn't appear re court airline
>
> used rich text format to get the photos on
>
> any ideas pls
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately rich text is not a format for use in a newsgroup. Posts to
newsgroups should be made in plain text.

Photographs should be attached to the message as files of jpeg's and for
preference the file size should be kept fairly small so that more people can
see it more easily. I use a freeware program called Irfanview to resize and
slightly compress the files so that they are about the 100-300k size (for me
about 800 pixel wide and around 90 percent on the quality slider). If you
check the attachment (paperclip) on the top right of this post you will see
a file named DSC_09480001.jpg which is the picture showing (hopefully)
below.

Hope this helps.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

flybywire
December 21st 08, 08:03 PM
Thanks Andrew

When i used to use outlook express all was well with plain text and adding
photos for some reason i cant do it with windows mail

thats [progress for you

cheers

Mike
"Andrew B" > wrote in message
om...

> "flybywire" > wrote in message
>> sent some to the group but they didn't appear re court airline
>>
>> used rich text format to get the photos on
>>
>> any ideas pls
>>
>> Mike
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Unfortunately rich text is not a format for use in a newsgroup. Posts to
> newsgroups should be made in plain text.
>
> Photographs should be attached to the message as files of jpeg's and for
> preference the file size should be kept fairly small so that more people
> can
> see it more easily. I use a freeware program called Irfanview to resize
> and
> slightly compress the files so that they are about the 100-300k size (for
> me
> about 800 pixel wide and around 90 percent on the quality slider). If you
> check the attachment (paperclip) on the top right of this post you will
> see
> a file named DSC_09480001.jpg which is the picture showing (hopefully)
> below.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>
> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

flybywire
December 21st 08, 08:06 PM
ah silly me it has to be an affached file !

"flybywire" > wrote in message
> Thanks Andrew
>
> When i used to use outlook express all was well with plain text and adding
> photos for some reason i cant do it with windows mail
>
> thats [progress for you
>
> cheers
>
> Mike
> "Andrew B" > wrote in message
> om...
>>
>> "flybywire" > wrote in message
>>> sent some to the group but they didn't appear re court airline
>>>
>>> used rich text format to get the photos on
>>>
>>> any ideas pls
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Unfortunately rich text is not a format for use in a newsgroup. Posts to
>> newsgroups should be made in plain text.
>>
>> Photographs should be attached to the message as files of jpeg's and for
>> preference the file size should be kept fairly small so that more people
>> can
>> see it more easily. I use a freeware program called Irfanview to resize
>> and
>> slightly compress the files so that they are about the 100-300k size (for
>> me
>> about 800 pixel wide and around 90 percent on the quality slider). If you
>> check the attachment (paperclip) on the top right of this post you will
>> see
>> a file named DSC_09480001.jpg which is the picture showing (hopefully)
>> below.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>>
>> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
>> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Google