PDA

View Full Version : test

flybywire
December 21st 08, 08:04 PM

Andrew B
December 21st 08, 08:21 PM
"flybywire" > wrote in message

Halcyon Days indeed, In pink green or yellow if memory serves but I don't
recognise the location.

Glad you have managed to sort things out ok.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

flybywire
December 21st 08, 08:26 PM
Ta

It was Luton Airport our first air holiday going to Majorca . Went with
Clarksons Holidays who owned Court Airlines who went bust whilst we were
flying home

"Andrew B" > wrote in message
om...

> "flybywire" > wrote in message
>>

> Halcyon Days indeed, In pink green or yellow if memory serves but I don't
> recognise the location.
>
> Glad you have managed to sort things out ok.
>
> --
> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>
> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Peter Twydell
December 21st 08, 08:58 PM
In message >, flybywire
> writes
>Ta
>
>It was Luton Airport our first air holiday going to Majorca . Went with
>Clarksons Holidays who owned Court Airlines who went bust whilst we
>were flying home
>

>"Andrew B" > wrote in message
om...

>> "flybywire" > wrote in message
>>>

>> Halcyon Days indeed, In pink green or yellow if memory serves but I
>>don't recognise the location.
>>
>> Glad you have managed to sort things out ok.
>>
>> -- Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>>
>> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
>> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Luton Airport is unrecognisable from what it was in those days. At least
three terminal buildings ago. It used to virtually close down early in
the evening and I remember a member of the ground staff knocking on the
door for the Immigration bods to let us in.

I used to fly to Brussels from there occasionally with Euroflight (sp?)
in Cessnas and Bandeirantes. Maybe a Jetstream too. Much more fun and
personal than in those aluminium tubes that bigger jets are.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

flybywire
December 22nd 08, 09:54 AM
our departure area was a marquee and the area was a mudbath

happy days

"Peter Twydell" > wrote in message
> In message >, flybywire >
> writes
>>Ta
>>
>>It was Luton Airport our first air holiday going to Majorca . Went with
>>Clarksons Holidays who owned Court Airlines who went bust whilst we were
>>flying home
>>

>>"Andrew B" > wrote in message
om...

>>> "flybywire" > wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Halcyon Days indeed, In pink green or yellow if memory serves but I
>>> don't recognise the location.
>>>
>>> Glad you have managed to sort things out ok.
>>>
>>> -- Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>>>
>>> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
>>> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)
>>>

> Luton Airport is unrecognisable from what it was in those days. At least
> three terminal buildings ago. It used to virtually close down early in the
> evening and I remember a member of the ground staff knocking on the door
> for the Immigration bods to let us in.
>
> I used to fly to Brussels from there occasionally with Euroflight (sp?) in
> Cessnas and Bandeirantes. Maybe a Jetstream too. Much more fun and
> personal than in those aluminium tubes that bigger jets are.
> --
> Peter
>
> Ying tong iddle-i po!

Google