PDA

View Full Version : majorca airport in 70's

flybywire
December 22nd 08, 09:57 AM
a caravelle not sure of the airline

mike

Syke[_2_]
December 22nd 08, 11:02 AM
flybywire wrote:
>> a caravelle not sure of the airline
>>
>> mike

Majorca Airport, 1964. Shot from a DC-7 of TASSA, just taking off. I see
two JU-52s of the Spanish Air Force, a DC-3, and a DC-4. (It's a scan of an
old slide)

Regards

Pat Macguire

TacAN
December 22nd 08, 11:23 AM
"Syke" > wrote in message
> flybywire wrote:
>>> a caravelle not sure of the airline
>>>
>>> mike
>
> Majorca Airport, 1964. Shot from a DC-7 of TASSA, just taking off.

Oooookay! How do you know that??
ie shot from a DC-7

Graham

I see
> two JU-52s of the Spanish Air Force, a DC-3, and a DC-4. (It's a scan of
> an
> old slide)
>
> Regards
>
> Pat Macguire

Syke[_2_]
December 22nd 08, 11:34 AM
TacAN wrote:

>>> Majorca Airport, 1964. Shot from a DC-7 of TASSA, just taking off.
>>
>> Oooookay! How do you know that??
>> ie shot from a DC-7
>>
>> Graham
>>

>> I see
>>> two JU-52s of the Spanish Air Force, a DC-3, and a DC-4. (It's a
>>> scan of an
>>> old slide)
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Pat Macguire

I took it myself! We went out in DC-6 and came back in a DC-7. I may have a
shot somewhere showing the registration. Also, on the way out, we stopped
at Malaga and there was a line-up of about 15 He-111s, or the CASA
equivalent, but they were too far away for my primitive camera.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Google