PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Tim

The Good Poster[_2_]
December 23rd 08, 01:01 AM
My mother was on the same flight with him to Nantucket in 1975.

Alan Erskine[_3_]
December 23rd 08, 02:35 AM
"The Good Poster" > wrote in message
> My mother was on the same flight with him to Nantucket in 1975.

This photo clearly shows that Tiny Tim was a Coke fiend. ;-)

Peter Twydell
December 23rd 08, 08:08 AM
In message >, Alan Erskine
> writes
>"The Good Poster" > wrote in message
>> My mother was on the same flight with him to Nantucket in 1975.
>
>This photo clearly shows that Tiny Tim was a Coke fiend. ;-)

An ekoC fiend, surely? The picture is reversed, unless that's an Li 2
he's getting out of.
--
Peter

Never mind, Christmas will soon be over.

The Good Poster[_2_]
December 23rd 08, 02:51 PM
"Peter Twydell" > wrote in message
> In message >, Alan Erskine
> > writes
>>"The Good Poster" > wrote in message
>>> My mother was on the same flight with him to Nantucket in 1975.
>>
>>This photo clearly shows that Tiny Tim was a Coke fiend. ;-)
>>

> An ekoC fiend, surely? The picture is reversed, unless that's an Li 2 he's
> getting out of.
> --
> Peter
>
> Never mind, Christmas will soon be over.

Peter, thank you VERY much for taking the time to point that out. Here's
why:
I have a box of about 400 family slides. This is from the newest batch -
the others are from 1963-65, including the two JFK pics I posted recently.
I finally bought a slide scanner and I am having my son scan about 75% of
them. This is a long term project and the results will be a family treasure
for a long time, so I want them done right. (I have posted a few of the
non-aviation results in abp.original and abi.fun).

Thanks for pointing it out. It is important to me.

Joe
TGP

ac249
December 23rd 08, 02:57 PM
Hi Joe, Which scanner did you buy please? I'm in the market for one myself
to get all my old RAF time ones done from the sixties and would be
interested in user reviews.
Cheers
Mike
"The Good Poster" > wrote in message

> "Peter Twydell" > wrote in message
>> In message >, Alan Erskine
>> > writes
>>>
>>>This photo clearly shows that Tiny Tim was a Coke fiend. ;-)
>>>

>> An ekoC fiend, surely? The picture is reversed, unless that's an Li 2
>> he's getting out of.
>> --
>> Peter
>>
>> Never mind, Christmas will soon be over.
>
> Peter, thank you VERY much for taking the time to point that out. Here's
> why:
> I have a box of about 400 family slides. This is from the newest batch -
> the others are from 1963-65, including the two JFK pics I posted recently.
> I finally bought a slide scanner and I am having my son scan about 75% of
> them. This is a long term project and the results will be a family
> treasure for a long time, so I want them done right. (I have posted a few
> of the non-aviation results in abp.original and abi.fun).
>
> Thanks for pointing it out. It is important to me.
>
> Joe
> TGP

The Good Poster[_2_]
December 23rd 08, 04:10 PM
I bought it used on Craigslist - USD $20 (about 13.5 British pounds). It is
an Epson Perfection 1650. The documentation is not very good, and it took
us quite a while to figure out how to do slides, but now it works great. If
you are in a large metro area, I would suggest looking for a used one.

Looking forward to the RAF pics. Hope to have a few more '60s aviation
related pics to share here in the next few days.

Joe

"ac249" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Hi Joe, Which scanner did you buy please? I'm in the market for one myself
> to get all my old RAF time ones done from the sixties and would be
> interested in user reviews.
> Cheers
> Mike
> "The Good Poster" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Peter Twydell" > wrote in message
>>> In message >, Alan Erskine

>>> An ekoC fiend, surely? The picture is reversed, unless that's an Li 2
>>> he's getting out of.
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>>
>>> Never mind, Christmas will soon be over.
>>
>> Peter, thank you VERY much for taking the time to point that out. Here's
>> why:
>> I have a box of about 400 family slides. This is from the newest batch -
>> the others are from 1963-65, including the two JFK pics I posted
>> recently. I finally bought a slide scanner and I am having my son scan
>> about 75% of them. This is a long term project and the results will be a
>> family treasure for a long time, so I want them done right. (I have
>> posted a few of the non-aviation results in abp.original and abi.fun).
>>
>> Thanks for pointing it out. It is important to me.
>>
>> Joe
>> TGP

ac249
December 23rd 08, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the gen. These pics are all of myself and my mates in Libya
before Gadaffi took over. Not much in the way of aircraft. It wasn't
encouraged. Too much money, well never toooooo much but sufficient, that we
couldn't spend and only desert or Tobruk to spend it in so lots of wasted
shots really for the group. I've got a ton more of NNAM Pensacola to stick
on over the next few days. As the family starts to get on each others nerves
(well it is Xmas!!) I'll do some more. Take care and have an ace Xmas.
Mike
"The Good Poster" > wrote in message
>I bought it used on Craigslist - USD $20 (about 13.5 British pounds). It
>is an Epson Perfection 1650. The documentation is not very good, and it
>took us quite a while to figure out how to do slides, but now it works
>great. If you are in a large metro area, I would suggest looking for a
>used one.
>
> Looking forward to the RAF pics. Hope to have a few more '60s aviation
> related pics to share here in the next few days.
>
> Joe
>
> "ac249" > wrote in message
> . uk...
>> Hi Joe, Which scanner did you buy please? I'm in the market for one
>> myself to get all my old RAF time ones done from the sixties and would be
>> interested in user reviews.
>> Cheers
>> Mike

>>> Peter, thank you VERY much for taking the time to point that out.
>>> Here's why:
>>> I have a box of about 400 family slides. This is from the newest
>>> batch - the others are from 1963-65, including the two JFK pics I posted
>>> recently. I finally bought a slide scanner and I am having my son scan
>>> about 75% of them. This is a long term project and the results will be
>>> a family treasure for a long time, so I want them done right. (I have
>>> posted a few of the non-aviation results in abp.original and abi.fun).
>>>
>>> Thanks for pointing it out. It is important to me.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>> TGP

Google