PDA

View Full Version : POF 1965

The Good Poster[_2_]
December 27th 08, 04:13 PM
It's probably not much bigger than that now.

Syke[_2_]
December 27th 08, 07:20 PM
The Good Poster wrote:
>> It's probably not much bigger than that now.

Isn't that the same T-34 Mentor that's in the previous post? But if.so,
that's a Bonanza on the right, not a Cessna. What's going on?

John Szalay
December 27th 08, 07:22 PM
"The Good Poster" > wrote in news:0045853b$0
:

> It's probably not much bigger than that now.
>

> begin 666 PBA POF 1965.jpg
>
> Attachment decoded: PBA POF 1965.jpg
> `
> end

Using Google Earth to look at it, appears the only thing different
is there are two new hangers behind the angled one which is now
much smaller ( like one plane width).. .
and the parking apron is larger..

The Good Poster[_2_]
December 27th 08, 08:50 PM
"Syke" > wrote in message
> The Good Poster wrote:
>>> It's probably not much bigger than that now.
>
> Isn't that the same T-34 Mentor that's in the previous post? But if.so,
> that's a Bonanza on the right, not a Cessna. What's going on?

This photo was taken from the Cessna - I'm pretty sure.

The Good Poster[_2_]
December 27th 08, 09:01 PM
"John Szalay" > wrote in message
42...
> "The Good Poster" > wrote in news:0045853b$0
> :
>
>> It's probably not much bigger than that now.
>>

>> begin 666 PBA POF 1965.jpg
>>
>> Attachment decoded: PBA POF 1965.jpg
>> `
>> end
>>

> Using Google Earth to look at it, appears the only thing different
> is there are two new hangers behind the angled one which is now
> much smaller ( like one plane width).. .
> and the parking apron is larger..

Not much changes in Poplar Bluff.

Bo[_4_]
December 27th 08, 09:53 PM
Times change. All those "new" shiny planes at the airport. It looks much
more desolate now. Those were the good old days!

"The Good Poster" > wrote in message

> "John Szalay" > wrote in message
> 42...
>> "The Good Poster" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> It's probably not much bigger than that now.
>>>

>>> begin 666 PBA POF 1965.jpg
>>>
>>> Attachment decoded: PBA POF 1965.jpg
>>> `
>>> end
>>>

>> Using Google Earth to look at it, appears the only thing different
>> is there are two new hangers behind the angled one which is now
>> much smaller ( like one plane width).. .
>> and the parking apron is larger..
>
> Not much changes in Poplar Bluff.

Alan Erskine[_3_]
December 29th 08, 09:44 AM
"The Good Poster" > wrote in message
> It's probably not much bigger than that now.

That is a _really_ short runway! ;-)

John Szalay
December 29th 08, 05:29 PM
"Alan Erskine" > wrote in news:GZ06l.5478$cu.835
@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

> "The Good Poster" > wrote in message
>> It's probably not much bigger than that now.
>
> That is a _really_ short runway! ;-)

Airport guide puts it at

Runway Length: 5008' (1526m)

The Good Poster[_2_]
December 31st 08, 01:59 AM
"John Szalay" > wrote in message
42...
> "Alan Erskine" > wrote in news:GZ06l.5478$cu.835
> @news-server.bigpond.net.au:
>
>> "The Good Poster" > wrote in message
>>> It's probably not much bigger than that now.
>>
>> That is a _really_ short runway! ;-)
>
> Airport guide puts it at
>
> Runway Length: 5008' (1526m)

You guys would know better than I, but my guess is that it was shorter in
1965.

Google