PDA

View Full Version : F8F-2P Bearcat 121710 AirGrp19 - Contact Sheet

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:01 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:03 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:04 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:04 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:05 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:06 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:06 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:06 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:07 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:09 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:09 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:10 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:11 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:11 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:12 PM

ac249
December 30th 08, 01:12 PM

niceguy[_2_]
December 30th 08, 05:52 PM
I was stationed at Quonset Point, RI, as an AT in the early 50s. An
executive from Grumman flew a red leather interior Bearcat. There was a
takeoff contest held between a Bearcat and (as I remember) a Lockheed
Shooting Star. Before the jet left the ground the F8F had taken off and
reached altitude. I worked on the F8F as well as the F6F. They were sweet
A/C. I also worked on and flew as an Aircrewman in The AF and the S-2. Had
more than 125 arrested landings. Grumman made some grat A/C.

ac249
December 30th 08, 07:27 PM
Thanks for that. The Bearcat is certainly a beautiful piece of kit although
I've only
ever seen one fly once at Duxford. This and the SPAD are my two favourite
USN/USMC aeroplanes and I've never
seen a Skyraider actually in the air. Next summer I hope.....
Cheers Mike
"niceguy" > wrote in message
g.com...
>I was stationed at Quonset Point, RI, as an AT in the early 50s. An
>executive from Grumman flew a red leather interior Bearcat. There was a
>takeoff contest held between a Bearcat and (as I remember) a Lockheed
>Shooting Star. Before the jet left the ground the F8F had taken off and
>reached altitude. I worked on the F8F as well as the F6F. They were sweet
>A/C. I also worked on and flew as an Aircrewman in The AF and the S-2. Had
>more than 125 arrested landings. Grumman made some grat A/C.

Google